Took the time to get my home server set up for music streaming, went to download Plexamp on my android and Google Play says “This app isn’t available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.”
That means I just wasted half of a day organizing my library for the plex server for nothing.
I’m glad I didn’t purchase a subscription before this step.
If I don’t find a functioning alternate service in the meantime, I am looking forward to this being fixed.
Update to add that I’m on a Google Pixel 8a running Android 17
What device/Android version are you trying to use it on?
Yo En un s24 ultra o tab s8+ me dice que no es compatible
Google Pixel 8a running Android 17
Try the beta release. See announcement for details. It runs on my Pixel 6a / Android 17.
It’s been a hot minute. A really long one, the last release was over a year ago, and we’re sorry about that.
There is a famous and frequently-cited piece of advice about never rewriting your software from scratch. We read it. We took it seriously. And so we did not rewrite Plexamp from scratch. We merely upgraded every dependency it had, moved the mobile apps onto Expo, replaced Electron with Tauri, and rebuilt the native bridges underneath. Which is a completely different thing, and we’d like …
elan
September 3, 2026, 3:49pm
6
No clue why Google takes so long to review betas, so silly.
Im getting blocked with that old version notice on both the beta and public versions
pjv
September 3, 2026, 6:16pm
8
Put APK’s on github or codeberg or some place else that we can sideload with obtanium .
Many people never install anything via Google Play on their Android devices.
abe2711
September 5, 2026, 2:40am
9
Same for me, same message for both versions.
OnePlus Nord 3 5G
OxygenOS 16.0.5
Android version 16 (Security update Aug 2026)
I would really appreciate this. I really don’t want to use the play store.
lapor86
September 19, 2026, 4:59pm
11
There is a new page where the latest .apk is posted now!
However I am having a hard time configuring via Obtainium:
HTML doesn’t detect the .apk because of JS, at least Direct Link works put it becomes a manual pain to update it by hand and relogging in.
Anyone found a solution for that?