Infuse soon natively supporting plex server...

other-third-party

Maybe there is some hope after all (see point 5.7):

firecore.com/forum/topic/13575

It’s good news, but I think people are going to be very disappointed in Infuse’s lack of library features when coming over from Plex - I know I was.

I don’t understand what this means
This app will see my plex server ?

Infuse 5.7 may be published in early 2018… can’t wait :slight_smile:
No more playback trouble B)

Coming from Fire TV back to Apple TV 4K. Right now i‘m using Plex and Infuse side by side…

The other way around would be very nice too!
(If Plex could use Infuse as player)

Can’t wait to test that, the Plex player could be so frustrating… Sometime encoding, sometime not…

Wow, this is AMAZING news! Infuse has excellent playback ability but lacking good file management and Plex has a great server but sadly quite poor video playback on Apple TV.

If they can make the Infuse client work well with the Plex server then we can ditch the troublesome Plex ATV client. It will also mean that virtually everything will Direct Play too rather than requiring transcoding as the Infuse video player can play pretty much ANYTHING as they’re not using Apple’s video player like Plex does.

Will let us use infuse away from home too I guess, ie at my parents house?

Meh, MrMC’s native Plex client already does all that :slight_smile:

@mrmctv said:
Meh, MrMC’s native Plex client already does all that :slight_smile:

You need to hire a UX designer though :slight_smile:

Well, according to our user numbers, there are a lot that do like the new UX.

Somebody solve problem - how get money from plexpass users again? it’s simple. So problem that users buy only account not server, not player.
There is solution:

1. making problem with native player
  2. developing alternative player
  3. plex client after update crashes, work unstable
  4. somebody “suddenly” “find” amazing player, that works really fine
  5. users begin install it and use
  6. after new update player begin asking for money, plex player still have old problems
  7. ???
  8. PROFIT

Do i miss something?

This can’t come soon enough, finally a player that can eat anything you feed it and direct play it.

@mrmctv said:

@mrmctv I’m really sorry but I have to agree with the other guys.

The UI , even on the new skin is terrible. It’s a real shame as the developers are brilliantly hard working and provide fantastic service on the forum and super regular app updates. The app has the best video playback around…if a good UI app designer got involved then you’d have a winner on your hands.

Unfortunately I stopped using MrMC due to the incredibly poor and basic UI. Man if only it looked like Plex or Infuse then it is no contest…it destroys the others in playback ability.

@jayz78 said:

@mrmctv said:

@mrmctv I’m really sorry but I have to agree with the other guys.

The UI , even on the new skin is terrible. It’s a real shame as the developers are brilliantly hard working and provide fantastic service on the forum and super regular app updates. The app has the best video playback around…if a good UI app designer got involved then you’d have a winner on your hands.

Unfortunately I stopped using MrMC due to the incredibly poor and basic UI. Man if only it looked like Plex or Infuse then it is no contest…it destroys the others in playback ability.

I’ve got to agree. The UI and any of the skins are so unlike every single other app available on ATV, especially how the remote responds that it is incredibly frustrating and unusable. Honestly, I’m a UX designer and it is what is commonly know as a “programmers” UX. Meaning it is meant for a user who knows the ins and outs of what is going on behind the scenes that it makes perfect sense to the programmers but is just weird for users. The code is driving the UI rather than the other way around.

Just the setup to add your files is arcane and just listing your shares and such is so “computery”. It too often looks like command line stuff that no average user wants to see, especially while browsing media.

I’m confused. Infuse already sees and works with my Plex server. What am I missing?

@archer75 said:
I’m confused. Infuse already sees and works with my Plex server. What am I missing?
You are using the DLNA protocol, which is quite basic. Infuse will soon be a fully fledged native Plex client with all that it supports (Hopefully).

I wish they could find a way to bitstream audio. Then I could use Atmos tracks from my movies. Its the last thing keeping my Shield TV around.

Had nothing but trouble with the plex app for months now, so super keen to see Infuse replacement.
I’ll instantly purchase as soon as it’s available.

@jrcorwin said:

@“Rick Williams” said:
I wish they could find a way to bitstream audio. Then I could use Atmos tracks from my movies. Its the last thing keeping my Shield TV around.

Infuse can already handle the audio by sending it as uncompressed, multi-channel LPCM (up to 7.1 channels and 24-bit) without any loss in quality.
This is partially true. However Atmos and DTS:X are extensions to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. They are spatial audio metadata objects that only a licensed capable external decoder can process–such as an AVR or sound bar.

This is documented on their FAQ page.

Excerpt from that page:

What about Dolby Atmos and DTS-X?

Unfortunately, the Apple TV does no currently support these formats. Infuse will send the lossless audio to your receiver, but will not include the special metadata that is required for some features.