is LONGCHAIR the only one working on Rasplex now?

rasplex

Havent heard from Wein or Dale in weeks  I thought by now we would have some working channels by now. Thanks Longchair for all your hard work!

No I am not the only one :D

But you have to realize that all of us are working on rasplex on our hobby time, and we also have a life aside and jobs / school / familly.

a_wein and weelkin are both preparing their thesis, risca is currently working on installer to fix issues and trying to make USB install work.

Dale had a busy week with work but he's taking a week off next week to work on rasplex

I have been maybe more around than some others recently,  but you wont see me around much next week because i'll be away on vacation  :D

This project is all about teamwork and time, so i don't deserve more credits than my other teammates.

If some devs feel like come & help us, they are more than welcome !

We are currently trying to stabilize rasplex, so don't expect us to pop new releases everyday ...  :)

There are so many things to work on and we can't afford spending 4 hours everyday on rasplex. It will take time to come up to something very clean, so as Dale says : sit tight ! ;)

Yeh, we just need to remember that you guys are volunteers and not the actual plex devs :)

Havent heard from Wein or Dale in weeks  I thought by now we would have some working channels by now. Thanks Longchair for all your hard work!

Like LongChair said, I'm taking all next week off to work on things.

It would be nice if channels were working by now, but it's ended up being much harder than I originally thought.

I do have a day job, and I've been dumping lots of time into RasPlex.

LongChair has been doing lots of useful work, and we hope he keeps it up :)

You guys are the best!  Take your time.  You're all devoting way more time to this than I could afford to spend, so thank you!

+1 take your time boys, 

right now I'm so happy with my .37 with refocus

than actually I don't need nothing extra right now,

channels support it's more than welcome, but not a priority

a least for me, 

keep the hard work guys but without forgetting the important things,

I just miss being able to show friends YouTube videos (we often spend hours looking through it on the TV) so I'm guessing with channels this will be back. Other than that I'm happy. I just gotta pick up a Class10 SD and reinstall refocus.

Like LongChair said, I'm taking all next week off to work on things.

It would be nice if channels were working by now, but it's ended up being much harder than I originally thought.

I do have a day job, and I've been dumping lots of time into RasPlex.

LongChair has been doing lots of useful work, and we hope he keeps it up :)

Its been almost a month now with no activity on Trello, Whats going on?  I hope this project is not dead?

It seems all RasPlex devs are currently very busy... 

I hope this will change soon...

(I plan to rejoin the project in July)

Most of the Plex releases have been quiet. There hasn't been a blog post for 2 months. I have a feeling we're getting very close to 1.0 and the main release of PlexHT

Please tell us non-developers how we can contribute

For those of you wondering and not following Rasplex facebook account :

A bit of explanation on the delay:

Andreas is on academic leave, and will be joining us again in July. We can't wait to have him back!

Dale is in the midst of moving out of his apartment, after a week full of grueling overtime at his day job. He's in the middle of a big merge and refactor that will make development easier for everyone.

LongChair is waiting patiently for Dale to finish up his merge, and has some exciting new patches that should speed things up a lot.

Realistically, a release is about 2 weeks away. It will bring the latest code from the plexht and openelec projects, and offer improved stability and speed.

RasPlex is currently suffering from a developer term called "technical debt", whereby it takes a lot of work to do a little work, making development inefficient. The refactor and cleanup will reduce this technical debt.

We desperately need more devs; if anyone is interested and loves XBMC, Plex, and to hack away well into the night, we want YOU!

I don't have a lot of experience with XBMC or Plex, but I have a good background in LINUX/UNIX and programming.  Not sure what you are looking for, but I would be thrilled to help in anyway.

I don't have a lot of experience with XBMC or Plex, but I have a good background in LINUX/UNIX and programming. Not sure what you are looking for, but I would be thrilled to help in anyway.

sounds perfect. Please take a look here:
http://rasplex.com/contribute/how-to-help.html

The chat and Trello are the main communication channels. There is currently not much activity but this should change soon.