Live TV or DVR grid Guide

Is there a current status on the update of this requested feature? I have both Channels and Plex pass. I use plex as my backup recording device to channels. The only thing keeping me from switching permanently to plex pass is the grid guide. If a developer reads this PLEASE get the grid guide figured out.

if you use HDHomeRun you can try this

Thank you for answering. like i said i'm really limited because my wife is not the technical sort and i have to make this simple stupid. So the grid guide is what i'm truly seeking. Channels has it and i'm using it now, but as i learn more about plex and add more content i would love to have the all in one solution. I love the commercial remover, thats something channels does not have, but they have a grid, so i'm stuck at the moment. I need a grid...lol

Plex, how about an update on this feature request?

@davebhc71 said:
Plex, how about an update on this feature request?
We just got an update two days ago:
http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1634345/#Comment_1634345

@catfish06 said:
Thank you for answering. like i said i'm really limited because my wife is not the technical sort and i have to make this simple stupid. So the grid guide is what i'm truly seeking. Channels has it and i'm using it now, but as i learn more about plex and add more content i would love to have the all in one solution. I love the commercial remover, thats something channels does not have, but they have a grid, so i'm stuck at the moment. I need a grid...lol

What method are you using to remove commercials? Is that all being done within Plex using a built is app/program or outside of plex? I have been using MCEBuddy with Windows Media Center and have also not made the jump for my Plex TV recording due to the poor TV guide options, but looking to move to Plex once they get this updated. Be interested in how you are removing commercials now with our Plex recordings

Removing commercials is an option in the DVR settings.

I appreciate the update, but I also wanted to throw in my two cents. In my opinion, there are 2 issues right now: When a show is "finished" according to the schedule, it will STOP PLAYING the channel. This adversely affects the live sports watching experience. For instance, tonight watch the Kansas St. vs Kentucky game, Plex decided to stop because it was "over." I had to frantically figure out what the next scheduled show was on CBS because the "On Right Now" only has 2 useful lines, the name of the show and the episode name. It doesn't even say what channel (name or number)... luckily I found it fairly quickly because the next show on that channel was titled "CBS evening news" or something like that.

With a grid view, I would have at least been able to tune to CBS quickly... but in reality, if I'm actively watching a channel, I don't think it should just turn off, either, at least not without a prompt.

@pinkfamily7 said:
if I'm actively watching a channel, I don't think it should just turn off, either, at least not without a prompt.

it doesn't for me. what client do you use?

It's always "next quarter" for this feature. We're coming up on a year since Plex said this was coming out.

I'm sure it's still in progress but I'll say it. I'm eagerly awaiting this feature too.

@zdea said:
I'm sure it's still in progress
Latest update from 27th April:

Live TV and DVR: There are entire software packages devoted to just this functionality, but we were uniquely positioned to offer something incredible, which leverages all of the other aspects of Plex. Since first release we’ve added support for a ton of tuners, added Live TV support, and then full timeshifting. Stream Live TV or recorded media anywhere in the world, optimize it in place, remove commercials automatically, sync it to mobile devices, or share it with your Plex Home members. (And yes, program grids are coming… Soon™!)

Looks like they just added it! https://www.plex.tv/blog/grid-who/

I still can’t see the Grid View as the ‘Channels’ option is still not available from the drop-down menu. I’m on the latest version, v.1.13.2.5154.

@KroZpOz I believe you need to use the hosted application from app.plex.tv/web currently. Clear your browser cache if you are using that and still not seeing it.

Interesting. You are indeed correct, adamskoog. I was using my own DDNS URL to access my server.

Any reason why this feature is exclusive to 'app.plex.tv/web' URL access method?

@KroZpOz said:
Any reason why this feature is exclusive to 'app.plex.tv/web' URL access method?

Not really exclusive per say, just hasn't been packaged with a PMS install to update the web app. This is generally a little while later and varies by release.

On my local server, I am seeing the grid view. Just make sure you are running the latest PMS.