Server Details:
-
Current Docker Version:
plexinc/pms-docker:1.42.2.10156-f737b826c -
Original QNAP Version:
PlexMediaServer-1.42.2.10156
The Problem: I have successfully migrated my Plex Server database from QNAP to a Docker container on a 12-core machine. Metadata and watch history are stable and were preserved on migration, but I’ve hit a wall: When I add new local mount paths to my existing libraries (using “Add” instead of “Replace”) to complete the migration as stated in the guide, Plex correctly identifies the files but resets all “Recently Added” dates to the current date
Due Diligence: I have read current community guides, along with the one posted by Plex, pinned my Docker version to match the QNAP source, and established a snapshot strategy to roll back library state after each attempt. I am looking for specific insight into the database interaction during path transitions.
Symptoms:
-
Plex correctly matches items (no duplicates created).
-
“Watched” markers are preserved.
-
Issue: Every movie/show is re-indexed with a new “Added At” date, destroying the library’s chronological history.
Question: What is the recommended workflow to add new mount paths to an existing library without Plex re-indexing the ‘Added At’ date? What is the specific process to transition to new paths without nuking my library history?