I have just been updated to the new Apple TV app. I use the Hover Text accessibility setting on tvOS (https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/tv/atvb8f832e2e/tvos). The new Plex app is suddenly much worse in this regard. Plex was never fantastic in this area, but now so many more buttons / elements have no hover text, nonsense text, etc. I imagine VoiceOver users have the same issue. Very clear that nobody even tried this for 30 seconds before release. Very grumpy that something I’ve paid for is now suddenly irreversibly borderline unusable for me. I’m not usually one to whine about software but, as a developer, negligence with regard to accessibility is just amateur hour stuff. Please address this
Kye
1
Not just for accessibility ![]()
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Accessibility Concerns, Who can fix these? | 2 | 192 | July 21, 2016 | |
| Just general tvOS update Woes and Moaning | 15 | 364 | October 5, 2026 | |
| Initial thoughts on new Plex Experience for Apple TV app | 20 | 1163 | January 28, 2025 | |
| Side discussion on Apple TV quirks vs issues | 36 | 1115 | March 1, 2024 | |
| Please bring back the previous version of the Apple TV app | 1 | 93 | September 30, 2026 |