Ok, I’ve removed the players from my profile, hard reset both, changed only the device name but nothing else and signed them in again. The UUID is different but the UID was reset to the default “10946050”. I’ve updated the server to version 126.96.36.19929. Server is still running on my W10 computer.
After some wired issues like “Error creating play queue, server was unable to create play queue” or “Playback Error The server “X Plex” does not have a valid connection for casting. Check that the server is claimed in server settings” I figured out that it is bad idea to use the browser for control casting on the same machine like the server is running.
After I got everything up and running the initial problem still remains.
- It only happens if a RasPlex player starts a new cast
- It only effects other RasPlex players
- Other players then RasPlex are continuing like expected
- There is no difference between server plattforms. I’ve tested it with a Plex server running on a QNAP NAS with the same results.
- I’ve tested up to 5 simultaneous casts to exclude performance issues
I’ve compared the guisettings.xml and the only different lines are 352 (devicename), 395 (uuid) and 477/478 (some skin settings). I’ve added both files.