Plex for Android 2026.19.1

And again you do major changes to the app without anyone asking for it? Why? Do you believe you get more subscribers by screwing with the UI? The UI was more than good enough, the new UI on the other hand, is garbage!

I agree, the previous menu looked better. Why don’t you focus on fixing codec compatibility issues or fixing the “back to list” that changes the order when random was selected.

I’ve been a loyal Plex fan and power user for years, but the 2026.19.1 update has officially pushed me over the edge. I gave the new release a try, and within literally 5 minutes of usage, I stumbled across 4 glaring bugs and regressions that completely ruin the experience:

  1. Subtitle Background Ruined: The semi-transparent subtitle background was silently replaced with a solid, opaque black box. It looks awful and obstructs huge parts of the video.

  2. Pause Button Completely Deactivated: The pause button isn’t just delayed or glitchy — it is flat-out disabled/unresponsive during playback.

  3. Severe Performance Lag: The entire interface feels sluggish, laggy, and unoptimized compared to previous builds.

  4. App Hangs on Cold Boot: The app refuses to start properly or freezes on launch. The only way to get it to load is to go into Android settings and trigger a “Force Stop” first.

A media player’s primary job is to play video reliably without breaking basic navigation. Having the app freeze on launch and disabling the pause button during playback is unacceptable for a mature product.

Because of this, I’ve officially migrated my primary playback client to Plezy (mpv engine) on my TV streaming setup. The playback smoothness, immediate response, and clean subtitle rendering make it obvious how much the official client has regressed.

I’m posting this here so the developers are aware of how broken this build is. I hope core UX and basic stability become a priority again.

Long-time fan, but moving on for now.

yep this is barely better than the beta was

And direct play is broken, forcing transcoding. Try playing something with a DTS-HD MA sound track (or TrueHD Dolby Atmos). You can see that it’s transcoding in “Stats for Nerds”.

My Plex has been crashing on my phone. I did the updates. It been crashing on Sept 28th, Oct 8th and Oct 10th

.