Plex for iOS
Plex for iOS
(Adding this after the fact, since it was missing) A few more issues fixed:
- Improvements to TV Out mode, including fixes for accepting remote playback commands.
- Fixed compatibility with recent iOS versions.
- Items with multiple versions are now playable when one of the versions is currently unavailable (e.g. on an unmounted drive).
- Additional minor bug fixes.
- We squashed a bug that reared its ugly head when attempting to display items without thumbnail images, which could cause the app to crash on launch or when signing in to myPlex.
- A potential crash while removing or modifying sync items has been fixed.
- Reliability while browsing has been improved further, especially when scrolling rapidly in large library sections.
- The browser is more responsive while scrolling.
- Multi-part playback works properly again.
- Items beginning with special characters outside the device's selected language are now included when browsing.
- The “Clear Cached Data” action works again.
- We’ve added protection against invalid cache data.
- A few minor cosmetic issues have been addressed.
Another round of bug fixes & performance improvements! We updated our crash reporting tools in the previous update & have been getting lots of juicy information about real-world problems. Among the fixes in this version are:
- Fixed a potential crash when loading paged content.
- Fixed a potential crash when saving the currently selected filter.
- Updated auto-discovery code to use more modern techniques & eliminate a very common crash.
- Improved reliability of sync item creation.
- Greatly improved responsiveness when scrolling, particularly on iPad.
- Additional optimizations for paged content loading.
- Fixed media flags not displaying immediately when opening detail views.
- Fixed an occasional crash when dismissing detail views.
- Changed the overscan compensation mode for TV Out.
- Improved compatibility with newer iOS versions.
We’re pleased to bring you a brand new release of the iOS app today! Most notably you’ll see we’ve updated the icon, splash screen, and the UI for iOS 7. Baby steps, mind you, we have lots more user interface improvements coming, but at least Plex will look nicely at home on iOS 7 now.
We’ll be back very shortly with more iOS news, but for now, hopefully you’ll enjoy this release!
- NEW: New look for iOS 7.
- NEW: Detect URLs on the clipboard for quick queuing to myPlex.
- NEW: Brand new video player.
- NEW: Improved music player.
- FIX: A UI hang when changing connectivity settings.
- FIX: A nasty bug where entering sections with non-latin characters could crash the app.
- FIX: Another UI hang when canceling and backing out of a library.
- FIX: Synced content could sometimes appear mistakingly in Shared Libraries.
- FIX: Synced content could become unplayable after being reconverted by the media server.
- FIX: An issue flinging some video content to iOS.
- FIX: Attempting to play trailers from the home screen would crash the app.
- Improved compatibility with iOS 8.