Plex New Exprience

I have been using plex for 10 years or more. I purchased a lifetime plex pass very early on.

The new experience you have written is poorly coded and does not work well on a Google TV Streamer connected via Wired network cable. if a 1gbps connection and a dedicated Google TV streamer device baulk on the code it is written poorly.

Several items I have tried to watch on the new Experience. I followed down the rabbit hole to find solutions to make the streams work. nothing fixed the problem.

I downloaded the last APK before your update and turned off auto updates and my system goes back to reading all the files again without lag or issues of playback errors.

I don’t think you have done enough testing on hardware and this update should be rolled back until you can prove that no one loses features due to an update.

some files not playing due to issues with the player is not a very good solution.
not to mention their is no reason as most of my files are encoded in the same format and you can travel from one directory to another on the same setup and get a different result.

Hi Fearthat,
Out of interest what version are you running for both the server and tv app?
I’m running into the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Version 1.43.4.10903 for all 4 servers as stated I have rolled back on my Client to a previous version. other Tv’s in my house have updated to the latest version and while their experience is not as bad as mine was they are still running far poorer than if I roll back. I haven’t rolled them back only because it takes a while to do and I haven’t had the time.