PLEX on brand new Synology DS118 with RealTek RTD1296 CPU

server-synology

Hi,

Just bought the DS118 and looking for an installer package. Though in previous forum topics, CPUs like the RTD1293 are in progress when it comes to development of installer packages (e.g. @chukpa's reply on different topic).

So, does the same applies to the RTD1296?

thanks for helping out!

cheers

If you will search other threads, you'll will see where I have briefed on the current status for the Synology RTD1296-based systems. These are ARMv8 processors. Once ARMv8 support is added, we will have the entire 'v8' family.

@ChuckPA said:
If you will search other threads, you'll will see where I have briefed on the current status for the Synology RTD1296-based systems. These are ARMv8 processors. Once ARMv8 support is added, we will have the entire 'v8' family.

And when will it be? In this year or Q1 of 2018 or Q2?

There is no ETA.

1. The toolchains must be configured & verified
  2. PMS must be ported
  3. PMS must be fully regression tested.
  4. PMS must be performance profiled to determine minimum platform requirements.

Emby already supported on this platform, what's going on with Plex?

Please send a notify when Synology DS118 support Plex, thanks

Availability of support, pro or con, will be announced through the normal Plex Media Server announcements as well as here in the Synology forum.

HEy plex team. If u re looking for somepne how can help u by testing u can write me an email.
i have a DS418 with the RTD1296 Chipset.

greetz, ravn

Would it be reasonable to think this will come soon or is it pretty much a right off?

Thanks

Read the pinned post in the Synology forum. It contains the latest news, if any.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/295969/synology-ds118-ds218-ds218play-ds418j-and-ds418-model-advisory-realtek-cpu#latest

Any news?
I am considering buying a Synology DS118, but I will certainly not buy it if I have no confidence that Plex will be supported.

I just bought a new synology specifically for plex and learned the hard way it doesn't work. I don't mind waiting a few weeks if something is on the horizon. But, from the looks of things, no one at plex is working on it. Any clue as to if I should return this machine?