Plexamp for Android - Motorola Razr Cover Screen Functionality

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, please let me know if I need to put this in a different category!

I recently upgraded my phone to a Razr Ultra 2025, and I ended up coming back to Plexamp as my primary music player because it’s just so damn good and hits everything I want in a player. However, it’s also the music player that’s struggled the most with the cover screen!

Everything will render super small with black boxes, buttons won’t properly have their text embedded, and flipping to the internal display from the cover screen makes the bottom menu bar entirely disappear. This all happens regardless of which screen I use to open the app too (some apps are only odd if I open them on one display and swap to the other, but work fine on either screen independently), but the behavior changes a little bit for each.

Would it be possible to request true support for the Razr family cover screens? As it stands, I can use the app on the cover screen for quick music controls, but if I want to change songs it’s easier to just relaunch it on the internal display because of how hard it can be to read.

Thanks for your time! I have a few screenshots from the cover screen below.

Is that the new beta? If not, see if that behaves any differently.

Yes, I believe so.

Do the fonts looked that zoomed in on the regular display?

Everything looks normal if Plexamp is opened on the internal screen and I don’t switch displays. If I open it on the cover screen and then switch to the internal screen, the UI breaks in a different way. Buttons and text render really weirdly and the bottom menu bar disappears entirely.

I’m sorry, providing support for this issue without the device on hand is really tough. Recommend you use on the internal display only for now.

That makes sense, no worries! I appreciate you looking at it nonetheless. :slight_smile: