Plexamp not showing local metatdata/embedded tags

I have my music library set up in Plex to prefer local metadata, use embedded tags for genres, and use local files only for album art. In Plex itself, this is respected, but Plexamp is ignoring both album titles and artists in the local metadata.
Plexamp 4.50.20 (191), Plex 1.43.4.10903, iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 27

This is quite unlikely, since it is the Plex server which is reading the metadata. All Plex clients, and thus Plexamp as well, are showing the same metadata – because they all are just accessing the one server database.
Please provide screenshots and metadata of your files.

This actually seems to be a library metadata problem after all. I have two different libraries looking at the same set of folders, and one shows local metadata, but the other does not, despite having the same settings. I’ll have to post something in the Plex Media Server category instead.