PMS parts upgrade for future proof

Hello there,

Like many I appreciate running PMS in Docker, it’s pretty straightforward installation and kind of “run it then forget it”. I’ve passed several updates over years, stuffed libraries and enjoying my content on several screens.

If everything is still great, I’m struggling with my old supermicro board and the lonely xeon E3 1120. Transcoding x265 is a pain, I don’t speak about 4k content, even on local network it has issue to deliver consistant framerate even with direct play (first time it happend). So I’m considering rebuild the core mainboard+cpu and maybe add a gpu to help transcode. I’ve read a lot of information in the last years about tweaks for transcode but I don’t find consistent information on the docker environment. There was some experimental support with pci passthrough to allow container accessing GPU.

Is there a place with consistent/up-to-date information about building a new PMS server. Currently running FreeNas with a VM on top of it with Rancher running containers.

Sorry if it’s a duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.