I apologize in advance if I need things clarified or explained as if I am 5…I try but a lot of computer lingo is just beyond my capabilities.
I have a plex pass and have a homerun device connected to be able to record over the air showings. I’m in a pretty rural area though and only get a few channels, most having nothing I want to watch. I recently subscribed to an IPTV company (Apollo group tv if it matters) and I would love to be able to connect it to plex somehow to be able to use the dvr to record shows. I have a m3u address but from looking around online it’s quite complicated to get plex to work with an IPTV company. Is this accurate, or is there something I can do to get them working together?
Plex on its own cannot do that.
There are however 3rd party options that will simulate some IPTV sources to act like a regular tv tuner supported by Plex – one is named xteve. Not sure though your IPTV provider allows/supports this kind of scenario.
I’ll chime in here.
Apollo Group deliveres https streams, that’s what Xteve expects to receive… You may have to manually edit the M3U file to add your authentication to it, and you do want, as Tom said, to make sure that you’re not causing trouble for yourself with a violation of ToS.
You may have some trouble getting both the Homerun & Xteve working together for the EPG stuff. That could be a major headache.
Edit: Apollo Group does support connections from Emby, and references Plex Media Server by name in the article. You’d be on your own to get PMS connected, but it would appear that they about about these applications and have at least tacitly approved.
I will look up xteve. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thank you! It may be way above my abilities but I’ll see if I can manage to get it connected. I appreciate the help