Preventing series from grabbing future metadata

Is there a way to prevent a series from updating any further with metadata after the initial grab?

For example - I add a series to Plex. I want it to grab the initial metadata from TVDB - release date, artwork, etc - but I also then want to add my own episode titles, overviews, etc, without having them changed in future synchronizations of my TV Series folder.

Is this as simple as enabling a lock on the sections I don’t want overwritten? I know that lock feature doesn’t always work the way it should, so I’m somewhat skeptical…

  1. Make sure the series is not remaining “unmatched”. If there is no online metadata source for it, match it with the “Personal Media” agent. (“Match” - “Search Options”)
  2. prevent your media from getting ousted automatically from your library, thereby losing all their metadata (and manual edits thereof).
    Settings - Server - Library - “Empty trash automatically after every scan”
  3. When you edit a field, make sure that the “lock” icon actually turns orange. (It may miss doing that automatically, if you just paste something in, instead of typing)

There is an online metadata source for it…I just don’t want to use certain fields that TVDB uses, in this instance.

So if I’m understanding what you’re saying, make sure the empty trash automatically after every scan is off (I believe it is), and then it’s just a matter of making sure that the lock icon is orange for the fields I don’t want changed?

Precisely.

Thanks!