QNAP Hardware transcoding fro PLEX

server-qnap

Does anyone know what happened to Plex for qnap that supported hardware transcoding? This is mentioned on the qnap’s! blog and directed to qnap’s forums.

Would be great!

I’ve been waiting for this since I bought my TS-453A

Here is the link to the official blog about the announcement

Interesting read - shame the download link fails. Tried adding a comment too, that too failed! :frowning:

I downloaded the beta but it didn’t seem to work, next time I went to look the thread was deleted. Strange!

thread was deleted T.T

@monoxdd said:
thread was deleted T.T

Yes, but why?

i don´t know. i want this badly.

Ok let the conspiracy theories fly!!! lol

As per a well-informed QNAP resource, it’s up to Plex as they have their own release and publication plans for this feature. Therefore, QNAP had to remove the information from the blog and the community forum.

Regards,
-Kurt.

Welcome @schumaku

Nice to see you up here as well :wink:

@schumaku said:
As per a well-informed QNAP resource, it’s up to Plex as they have their own release and publication plans for this feature. Therefore, QNAP had to remove the information from the blog and the community forum.

Regards,
-Kurt.

I do wish we could get an update on this from the Plex team somehow or a Plex Pass specific “beta” for specific QNAP builds. Even if this gave me 10% of my CPU back it would be a major win for me for the occasional transcoding job forced on me by the Plex Smart TV client.

Sadly, Plex never ever hands out roadmaps, so highly doubtful you’ll get such a statement.
/T

@dane22 said:
Sadly, Plex never ever hands out roadmaps, so highly doubtful you’ll get such a statement.
/T

I’m aware - though in my experience it’s ‘almost never’ rather than ‘never ever’!

Subscribed. It should be coming …

@claudio_roma Subscribed??

oh god yes! trying to transcode a 4k file makes my cpu scream, i have a Intel® Xeon® E3-1245 v3 3.4 GHz Quad Core Processor so not like my cpu is “under powered”

My guess is Plex passed an internal beta to QNAP and qnap jumped the gun and made it public. I think this is a very good sign!

Im not sure if its “good news” per say, seeing as not even plex pass have access to it if it was in “beta” im thinking qnap jumped the gun saying that plex support it when in fact plex dont at all do.

seems that this is the latest version with HW transcoding: