Raspberry Pi 3B+

rasplex

Hello,

will Rasplex run on the Raspberry Pi 3B+?

Thanks.

I dont have one so I cant tell
but im pretty sure we need a kernel update for the new features like dual band wifi and the gigabit ethernet to work

at least thats whats happening with raspbian and retropie

No, Rasplex 1.8 won’t run on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. It sits at the rainbow square.

You can try https://libreelec.tv/ with the Plex4Kodi Add-On

I don’t know about RasPlex, but I just got PlexPi working on my new 3B +

@djfausett said:
You able to get live tv to work? and able to record? I’m looking at something more for a media player. Since Roku still wont allow recording

@hugolost said:
Hello,

will Rasplex run on the Raspberry Pi 3B+?

Thanks.

Eventually. There is some OS R&D work going on to enable 1.8 to run on the new rPi3 B+ model.

Eager for RasPlex on the Pi3B+

Just got a Pi3B+ - can’t use it - lame.

Does it work with the “Plex Media Player for Embedded Devices” img?

@Xen0sys said:
Just got a Pi3B+ - can’t use it - lame.

Does it work with the “Plex Media Player for Embedded Devices” img?

No, does not boot with the embedded image yet either.

Rats…

@wdelarme said:

@djfausett said:
You able to get live tv to work? and able to record? I’m looking at something more for a media player. Since Roku still wont allow recording

@wdelarme
I don’t have a tuner, so I have not yet tried Live TV. But if I get one, I will let you know.

RasPlex = Plex Media Player
PlexPi = Plex Media Server

I think.

as noted here https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/issues/606
you can use the following build https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/releases/download/PRE-1.8.0b%2B/RasPlex-1.8.0.0-573b6d73-RPi2.arm.img.gz

as long as you turn off auto updates it should be stable enough until a proper build is done for the Raspberry Pi 3B+

Just make sure you have a proper powersupply.

The current build for the 3B+ works like a charm.
Not a single problem encountered so far, but I’ll keep testing. It’s also incredibly quick - from initial power up to streaming content is well under the 1 minute mark. Extremely impressed !

So how’s the 3B+ going?
Other than being a tiny bit faster then the RPI2,3 does it do anything better?

Thanks

i have both the Pi 3B and 3B+… i must say im not seeing any performance boost… and if its there, i havent noticed it… i will say if you have a Pi 3B then a upgrade is not worth it.

@“Jacob Bæk” said:
i have both the Pi 3B and 3B+… i must say im not seeing any performance boost… and if its there, i havent noticed it… i will say if you have a Pi 3B then a upgrade is not worth it.

Yeah i’m waiting for Kwiboo to get the Rock64 up and running. The PI’s are so far behind in hardware tech. I do want h.265, HDR and 10bit.