i just bought the plex pass and i am trying to enable remote acess but it keeps failing please help i am not a techie person so a step by step things to do would seriously help.
Did you already have a look at the related troubleshooting support article?
https://support.plex.tv/articles/200931138-troubleshooting-remote-access/
There’s also a guide with some more details on how to troubleshoot remote access issues:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/the-basics-of-remote-access-troubleshooting/769517/1
I managed to resolve it by using tailscale as the IP provided by my internet service provider is dynamic.
Dynamic is absolutely fine (as long as it doesn’t change the external IP several times a day).
The usual break point is the use of Carrier-Grade NAT by the ISP.
For me it did not work n after several days of googling trying stuff out I found out about tailscale in this one article on reddit gave it a shot n baam it just worked out of the box no further configurations or complications that need to be dealt with. I m no techie man n I wish this happened with plex too but it did not.