I think it would be nice to have a thread where people could show what home theatre equipment you got for your PLEX server? Like posting a few picks? Maybe getting up with some feedback…
Here is what I am working on…
(Onkyo TX-RZ720)
(5 x ELAC 301.2)
(White TV bench with Samsung Curved 9-series 55" 4K/HDR TV from 2015)
(ELAC 111.2 ESP Subwoofer)
Since I sold my Nikon D7000 1-2 years ago I will stick with this terrible camera for awhile… I appoligize for such bad photos…
I was getting the Onkyo TX-RZ720 on a christmas sale (50 %) and also the 5.1 speaker system for 70 % on another sale… TODAY I ordered a Velodyne DD10+ subwoofer as a billboard copy in great condition for 1500 USD instead of 2500 USD. So I will swap the 111.2 ESP to the DD10+, add a “real” center speaker and then I will extend 5.1 to 7.1 by adding Martin Logan ESL electromotion speakers. Either I go with Martin Logan ESL C OR I will get a real ELAC center since (once again) only a fifth speaker was included in the “ELAC Cinema 3 ESP V” package.
Currently I use in built apps but I think I’ll get a Chromecast Ultra to PLEX instead so I could use our tablett… Way more comfortable experience… For deep music listening sessions I got a Asus Essence III DAC connected to my server… Currently no real headphones (except Porta Pro) but I’ll get the Sennheiser HD800 later on… Then I’ll use Foobar2000 with ASIO instead of PLEX.
Any thoughts on this?