[Suggestion] Hue entertainment support

Hi !

With the new version of Philips Hue App, Hue Entertainment is now out.

I'd love to see my living room lights light up with the movie i watche with plex

And you, what do you think ?

You could probably get that working with Webhooks and a tiny bit of coding :smile:

Is there any interest in connecting to Plex to the new Hue Entertainment functionality which will dynamically change Hue lighting change along with video scenes as Plex is playing.
I have done it with Apps on my iPhone and the effect is really good.
Built into Plex it would make it available for every piece of media in the collection not just a very short list of pre configured videos.

It would basically turn Plex into automated Ambilight enabled video service.

This would help to take home theatre to the next level.

I would LOVE that!

I don’t currently use Philips Hue (but do have a couple of TP-Link smart lights and plugs), but this would be a great addition.

@elan said:
You could probably get that working with Webhooks and a tiny bit of coding :smile:

As Hue Entertainment seems to rely on video or audio data to produce reactive colours / effects using lights, given what I’ve seen of it and my understanding of Plex webhooks I don’t think this could be achieved at the moment.

@TheMooDude said:
As Hue Entertainment seems to rely on video or audio data to produce reactive colours / effects using lights, given what I’ve seen of it and my understanding of Plex webhooks I don’t think this could be achieved at the moment.

Ah, fair enough, that makes sense.

This should be natively integrated into the Plex server though. There’s no reason it can’t be unless Philips haven’t opened their SDK to many partners yet.

I concur that this feature should be supported. However, I do not believe it to be a server-side matter. The colors seem to be controlled via what is playing at the time via a player so it would seem that the player should be communicating to Hue… So, the official Android app that rocks my Nivida Shield sure could use this integration!!!

How can we bribe to get this feature on a list for work?

Would be super interesting to have this implemented. As of now it works with my Mac if I attach it via HDMI as a workaround but I have the media server running on my Synogy which I’m ove to use.

Let’s hope it gets implemented one day.

yes, please integrate it - the android app would be a great place - if there is no possibility to integrate it to the server. Otherwhise you could create an api/interface where we could get the colors of the current movie and sync it to the hue bridge.