When will a new version of Plex Dash be published for Android?

Hey, absolutely loved plex dash on my iphone, recently switched to Google Pixel 10, only to find that the app exists, but the build on play store is just too old for my phone. When are you planning on publishing an update? Do you need help? I can contribute…

Seeing as the app hasn’t been updated in over 2 years I think you will need to look at Tautilli to replace Dash.

Pretty sure they were talking about moving all the server management/monitoring features into the main client app (like they already did with editing metadata).

Don’t hold your breath on a timeframe though!

Yeah, but going on their recent actions I think anything not FAST related probably won’t be happening for a bit.

That’s interesting. I’ve a Pixel 9a and the app still works. Maybe they’d be willing to publish the apk as it’ll likely work fine on 10. Would be a massive backward step if dash faded into the night!

Pretty sure if I side-loaded, it would work, just don’t trust apk files that don’t come from the Play store. I am pushing in a few different places, I’ll see what shakes loose.

Sure, I get that. I was more thinking plex themselves would publish the current apk like they did in the past for the main plex android beta builds. These would be trustworthy.

Oh, right, like that. Yeah, sure, I’d go for that. But, considering the effort involved compared to updating the project gradle files to target the latest SDK, and just uploading that APK to the play store, I’m not convinced such a beta build will be forthcoming.

Looks like plex has started to add dashboard features to the mobile app which in turn likely means Dash is finally declared dead.

While I’ll be sad to see Dash go, if that is indeed what happens, I’m at least encouraged to see dashboard features continue. The mobile dashboard features are by no means on par yet but maybe they’ll get there.

Dash from what I remember shares a lot of its code from plexamp and with staff reductions over the years along with pretty which only one person working on plexamp, dash has not received any updates for years.

RIP Dash!

It’s a shame cause while tautalli does give you more freedom and options with it’s data. There are still some things that Dash does that Tautalli doesn’t. Atleast not to my knowledge. Like Dash will tell you exactly how much storage each library takes up. Whereas Tautalli shows how many contents are there in specific library such as how many movies or episodes or tracks.

Another thing Tautalli doesn’t have is graph showing your media count per library in the span of a year. This is something Tautalli could add and expand on cause Dash doesn’t let you filter the duration it’s only fixed to show 1 year only.

If Plex Dash is truly dead I don’t see why Tautalli doesn’t try to incorporate the features from Plex Dash unless it’s a limitation of the Api