Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player - Audio Visualizer

johanbadenhorstjohanbadenhorst Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Hi Folks,

I've just replaced my front end player with a 4k enabled GPU, at long last (yay for me!).

HOWEVER! It seems that the new PMP is a bit limited to customization.
In this I mean, no option for addons.
In particular MilkDrop2 which I had on my PHT.

This is a game killer for me as I used to hypnotise my guests/kids/pets for hours!

Now I have to actually find good content to play them....

Any future plans to implement a decent audio visualizer (on par with itunes/winamp)?

Answers

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 5,524 Plex Employee

It's not a feature that is requested that often, but I'll add it to the list.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• Wolf_666Wolf_666 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 478 Plex Pass

I love that feature, too!

- HTPC Intel NUC5i3RYH (Plex Media Player)
    - Firewall/Router pfSense 2.3.2 (Supermicro A1SRi-2558)
    - AP Netgear R7000 (Stock FW)
    - Switch Cisco SG350-10
    - NAS Synology DS1515+ 5 x 5TB SHR1 (Plex Media Server)
    - NAS Synology DS213+ 2 x 3TB JBOD

• XechorizoXechorizo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Echoing the thunderous support for this feature, specially in the Browser or Xbox 360 players!

• NKnuspererNKnusperer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited June 18

Any update on this?
    This would add so much value when playback music and have something interesting on the screen rather than just a static image.
    With projectM there already exist a Milkdrop compatible OpenGL powered implementation for Linux/Windows/Mac.

• blaqcloudblaqcloud Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited July 17

@Xechorizo said:
    Echoing the thunderous support for this feature, specially in the Browser or Xbox 360 players!

Ditto!

Something like this would mesmerize most guests at my house: Vizualizer