AppleTV: You can't be serious?!?!?

The new AppleTV app/skin just released is horrible. This has got to be a joke.

So, I guess I’m looking for a new client now.

… and I 'suppose some time after I do that, then the need to keep my backend on plex will slowly melt away too.

Never thought a “lifetime” would be up so soon.

Don’t understand. Works pretty good for me. Reset Cache

Settings/Advanced/ Reset cache and power cycle all devices and it should be a lot better

Not a Plex Employee. Just a highly recognized user who often offers officially recognized helpful advice. Taking and trying that advice is free.

I hope it’s not a joke. I ABSOLUTELY love it. And for the first time in almost 2 years I can play high bitrate remuxes without stutter!

Do you get buffering pauses? Those are a brand new “feature” of the updated app. I get it on local network streams as light as 3mbps.

I have 8 ATVs. 7 of which are hardwired 1GbE ethernet and 1 wireless on a 5ghz 40mhz SSID. No buffering issues at all. Last night the family had 4 of them going at once. The previous issue I had was the micro stuttering but I have never had local playing buffer issues.

No, that isn’t the issue. It’s just the general poor look and design of the new UI.

No. Playback is the same as the previous version.

High bitrate video (eg. ~ 100mbps) played fine on previous version.

I hear a rumour that HLG formatted HDR (which would always play ultra stuttery on the previous ATV clients) is now fixed.

Hundreds of posts both here and on reddit including the admittance of the developers begs to differ with you. Also the new UI is great.