A million threads on this, but most devolve into technical jargon I can’t (and frankly don’t want to) understand. Until now the prevailing discussion has been that the ATV4K cannot play Plex content that is DV. I just stumbled across a movie in my library that was labeled in the filename as HDR but lo and behold the DV flag on my TV popped up. And it looks like it should (no purples). There is a small lip sync issue but…
Also it was noted previously that to play back DV it needed to be in .mp4 format (vice .mkv), and I was pretty sure my files all reflected that. However, I was scanning the file info window of a Hobbit movie where I have three versions (Theatrical and extended in HDR [mkv] and extended in DV [mp4]) and the extended mkv version that I thought was HDR has the following listed:
- D O V I B L Compat I D 6
- D O V I B L Present true
- D O V I E L Present true
- D O V I Level 6
- D O V I Present true
- D O V I Profile 7
- D O V I R P U Present true
- D O V I Version 1.0
…and this files pops up there DV tag. Can I assume these tags means this is a DV file in MKV format? Nothing profound to say other I was completely confused to learn this
bottom line, Has there been some changes in ATV4K/Plex that now allows for DV playback?