Custom home screen album list doesn't remember sorting

I only just stumbled across the home screen customization options. No idea when it was added but it’s exactly what I wanted, so first a big thanks for adding it.

I have come across a small bug with it though; the sorting options aren’t remembered when going back to the library listing view by tapping the home screen section header.

To reproduce:

  1. Visit the library tab and select Albums
  2. Use the […] menu to sort albums by “album artist”
  3. Tap the add view to the home screen button, add a title and add it to the home screen
  4. Visit the home screen and see the new home screen section. The sorting here is correct.
  5. Tap the title of the new home screen view, which navigates to the album listing
  6. See that it hasn’t remembered the “album artist sorting” in the album listing view

The sorting actually appears somewhat random, and tapping the […] to show the sorting settings doesn’t show any sort option selected.

I’ve uploaded a video of the behavior here: https://graniteoctopus.com/videos/sorting-bug-720.mov

I could reproduce this on iOS 4.10.1 and macOS 4.10.1. I haven’t tried any other versions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.