Excessive epg xml files in %temp% directory

Server Version#: 1.24.1.4931 Windows 10 Pro
Player Version#: n/a
Tuner Make/Model: Hauppage Quad Tuner/Hd home run
Guide/Lineup name: custom xml
Using XMLTV?: Yes
Channel number/Name:

I get an excessive amount of xml epg files in my %temp% directory. I originally blamed another application for this but I have since removed that application.

The size of the xmls will creep up to 168 GB in a matter a few days until I have no space left on my C:\ drive.

I have a temporary solution to run this command at the end of my update epg bat file, but this is not the ideal solution.

forfiles -p %temp% -s -m *.xml* /D -1 /C "cmd /c del /q @path"

Additionally I have noticed some music album artwork jpgs in here recently after doing a cleanup, which leads me to believe this is the work of Plex.

Ideally Plex would write to the appdata folder specified or another temp folder that is specified within Plex, and additionally clean up the files once they are no longer needed. I generally offload everything Plex related to a separate drive as to not put excessive wear and tear on my main drive.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.