I just subscribed for plex pass hoping that with the gracenote integration, plex could finally house my music library too and become my sole media server. without gapless playback though it is almost useless to me. should this not really be considered a bug rather than a feature request?
I just subscribed for plex pass hoping that with the gracenote integration, plex could finally house my music library too and become my sole media server. without gapless playback though it is almost useless to me. should this not really be considered a bug rather than a feature request?
Yah it sucks. It’s like watching a video when the picture cuts out ever 5 minutes. Would that be acceptable, I highly doubt it.
@CompaNC said:
This feature was originally requested in this thread in December 2012
WHY HASN’T IT BEEN IMPLEMENTED?
They said before it’s mosty a client issue. For example, it will be implemented on Android when they switch to exoplayer2… No ETA.
I believe rasplex/openPHT have it already, so it’s not a PMS issue but an issue with the clients… And since Plex decided not to control their client players…
Is there some complexity involved in implementing this that you need to make us understand? Do you use Plex for music and attempt to listen to, say, Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon? Or The Beatle’s White Album or Sgt Pepper? Or just about anything classical? Really, is it that hard to implement that a widely requested feature takes five years to arrive at the top of the backlog?
Holy smokes. 5 years. FIVE YEARS this thread has been open, and still nothing.
I just paid for a Lifetime Plex Pass a couple of months ago, after being told how much better and sleeker and more comprehensive and feature-rich of a product it was by a couple different friends that use it, and after doing(obviously not enough) research of my own and seeing how much nicer it looked in the screenshots and how much more flexibility it offered. And then to find that I can’t even listen to an album with tracks that are designed to seamlessly transition(which, seriously, is like a HUGE percentage of albums out there, from trippy 70’s rock ballads to live performances from EVERY genre or time)?!
It’s frustrating, to say the least. I mean, let’s be real. The interface for music playback is nearly identical to the one for video, and it’s…clunky - even/esp. on mobile, where it really, really needs to not be. Plex doesn’t really look to me like it’s primarily geared at all for(or that much time/energy has ever been devoted, dev-wise, towards) playing music, for that matter. But it’s 20-freaking-17 here already. And almost EVERY other streamable service can and automatically does do gapless playback by default. To even consider it a “feature” at this point is almost like advertising “windshield wipers” as a feature on the window sticker of a brand new car or a touch screen as a feature on a new smart phone. Google Music has been doing it since 2014. And I’ve been using Subsonic for about 3 or 4 years now, and almost every mobile app developed for Subsonic has been offering it for at least as long as I’ve had my license. And I’m disappointed that now it looks like I’ll still have to run BOTH services - and dedicate more hardware resources towards doing so, plus run two sets of mobile apps on all of my devices and maintain two separate sets of user db’s - just to be able to have the ability to play video AND music correctly. It’s silly.