Install plex Apple TV 3 help

I am running windows 7 and need to know ASAP how to change the directory to my plexconnect folder....  PLEASE HELP. 

Can someone post the instructions for me...

I figured out how to change the directory.  Now, I have another problem.  I can get the plex to show movies from the trailer app, but the movies will not play.  Also, after I reboot the PC, my apple tv 3 will not work unless PYTHON is running.  How do you get python to run after you reboot?  Why do I have to activate it each time?Please help!!

Dude, it’s Windows, just double-click the PlexConnect.py file

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Dude, it's Windows, just double-click the PlexConnect.py file Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i have updated the wiki to reflect this as a much easier option.

Yeah i have updated the wiki to reflect this as a much easier option.


This is exactly what I have done. I can get the movie title to show up in the trailers app, but movies will not play. Python does not restart when windows restart. Is there an issue why this happens? Can someone help me out?

This is exactly what I have done. I can get the movie title to show up in the trailers app, but movies will not play. Python does not restart when windows restart. Is there an issue why this happens? Can someone help me out?


Python scripts will not automatically run when you boot windows unless you set it to.
If you want help on something specifically not working then please create your own thread including all the info requested in the "how to report an issue" link in the forum sticky (if you don't include this info it is unlikely you will get help).

hey do mkv's work with Plex connect on ATV3?

Doesn't seem to for me (720 and 1080), but avi's do??

Also, does it transcode avi and mkv or natively decode on ATV3? I'm a noob. 

Been using Beamer app for ATV3, and XBMC for ATV2 so far but saw articles of Plex working on ATV3 now so I wanted to give it a try.

hey do mkv's work with Plex connect on ATV3?

Doesn't seem to for me (720 and 1080), but avi's do??

Also, does it transcode avi and mkv or natively decode on ATV3? I'm a noob. 

Been using Beamer app for ATV3, and XBMC for ATV2 so far but saw articles of Plex working on ATV3 now so I wanted to give it a try.

It transcodes or remuxes but your PMS will need enough power to do it.

I see, so I'm assuming it transcodes all avi's and remuxes mkv's where it can (I think the ones without DTS track) and transcodes the DTS track ones or something to that effect, is that right?

'Trailers is unavailable. Try again later.' for all mkv's for me 

 I have a 2011 13" Air shouldn't that be sufficient? Is there some setting I'm missing? 

I've been using beamer app, on-the-fly transcoding with drop-in window and its worked well. Advantage to Plex is just having a way to access files without hopping back on the computer right?

And for ATV2, I guess I'll keep using XBMC since it decodes on the box itself.

Just trying to seek clarity is all.

Appreciate everybody's help and the Plex team's efforts!

I see, so I'm assuming it transcodes all avi's and remuxes mkv's where it can (I think the ones without DTS track) and transcodes the DTS track ones or something to that effect, is that right?

'Trailers is unavailable. Try again later.' for all mkv's for me 

 I have a 2011 13" Air shouldn't that be sufficient? Is there some setting I'm missing? 

I've been using beamer app, on-the-fly transcoding with drop-in window and its worked well. Advantage to Plex is just having a way to access files without hopping back on the computer right?

And for ATV2, I guess I'll keep using XBMC since it decodes on the box itself.

Just trying to seek clarity is all.

Appreciate everybody's help and the Plex team's efforts!

What firmware are you on?

5.2

also unrelated but does Plex share your movie collection with anybody? seems like it'd be a privacy concern of sorts.. 

but I am a noob :D

5.2

also unrelated but does Plex share your movie collection with anybody? seems like it'd be a privacy concern of sorts.. 

but I am a noob :D

Only on your LAN, unless you add others.

Btw try downloading the latest: https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect

The address was wrong in the blog post (although it has been cloned across to that branch as well).

ATV3 5.2.1

Firewall disabled completely

Entered the IP of the device wich is running PMS as DNS on my ATV, entered the IP of my Router in PlexConnect Settings.

when starting plexconnect, this is what i get

PlexConnect : PlexConnect
PlexConnect : Press ENTER to shut down.
PlexConnect : ***
PlexConnect : IP_self: 192.168.1.100
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : looking up Plex Media Server
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : servers discovered: 1
DNSServer : ***
DNSServer : Starting up.
DNSServer : intercept trailers.apple.com: 192.168.1.100
DNSServer : forward other to higher level DNS: 192.168.1.1
DNSServer : ***
WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 10013] Der Zugriff auf e
inen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulõssig
PlexConnect : WebServer not alive. Shutting down.
DNSServer : Shutting down.

what am i doing wrong?

"WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 10013] Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulõssig"

This means you are starting the PlexConnect.py with insufficient rights. Under OSX you need to type "sudo" in Front of it.

sudo ./PlexConnect.py, under Windows you need to run it as administrator!

Hi all,

I get this:

juuroair:PlexConnect-XML_templates juuro$ sudo ./PlexConnect.py 
Password:
PlexConnect : ***
PlexConnect : PlexConnect
PlexConnect : Press ENTER to shut down.
PlexConnect : ***
PlexConnect : IP_self: 192.168.0.14
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : looking up Plex Media Server
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : servers discovered: 1
DNSServer : ***
DNSServer : Starting up.
DNSServer : intercept trailers.apple.com: 192.168.0.14
DNSServer : forward other to higher level DNS: 192.168.0.1
DNSServer : ***
WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 48] Address already in use
PlexConnect : WebServer not alive. Shutting down.
DNSServer : Shutting down.

The Apple TVs DNS is set to 192.168.0.14. In the Settings.py the DNSmaster method returns 192.168.0.1.

What's happening here? What did I miss?

>> WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 48] Address already in use

>> PlexConnect : WebServer not alive. Shutting down.

 
You have another WebServer running already.
Where is our "known issues list?

"WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 10013] Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulõssig"

This means you are starting the PlexConnect.py with insufficient rights. Under OSX you need to type "sudo" in Front of it.

sudo ./PlexConnect.py, under Windows you need to run it as administrator!

was the first thing i thought about. tried to run it as admin and started cmd as admin and tried to run it. same error everytime :/

>> WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 48] Address already in use

>> PlexConnect : WebServer not alive. Shutting down.

 
You have another WebServer running already.
Where is our "known issues list?

Thank you! There was an apache already running on port 80. :-)

>> WebServer : Failed to connect to port 80 (http): [Errno 48] Address already in use
>> PlexConnect : WebServer not alive. Shutting down.
 
You have another WebServer running already.
Where is our "known issues list?


The port 53 and port 80 errors are in the FAQ guys.

still doesnt explain my insufficient rights problem. but seems like it is a problem with my admin account??

anybody knows what i could change so i get this working?

Running plex on my mac mini using 10.8.4. Local IP address is 192.168.1.104. Router is 192.168.1.1. Appletv3 is 192.168.1.112, running 5.2.1 firmware. 

My settings.py file:

def getIP_PMS():  # default IP, if GDM fails... todo: do we need this fall back?
    return '192.168.1.104'
def getPort_PMS():
    return 32400
 
#
# DNS/WebServer
def getIP_DNSmaster():  # Router, ISP's DNS, ...
    return '192.168.1.1'  # google public DNS
 
def getHostToIntercept():
    return 'trailers.apple.com'
 
I set the DNS on the apple tv to 192.168.1.104.
 
Output from terminal: 
 
sudo ./PlexConnect.py
PlexConnect : ***
PlexConnect : PlexConnect
PlexConnect : Press ENTER to shut down.
PlexConnect : ***
PlexConnect : IP_self: 192.168.1.104
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : looking up Plex Media Server
PlexGDM : ***
PlexGDM : servers discovered: 2
DNSServer : ***
DNSServer : Starting up.
DNSServer : intercept trailers.apple.com: 192.168.1.104
DNSServer : forward other to higher level DNS: 192.168.1.1
DNSServer : ***
WebServer : ***
WebServer : WebServer: Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80.
WebServer : ***
DNSServer : DNS request received!
DNSServer : Source: ('192.168.1.112', 63811)
DNSServer : Domain: trailers.apple.com
DNSServer : ***intercept request
DNSServer : -> DNS response: 192.168.1.104
WebServer : serving application.js
192.168.1.112 - - [06/Jun/2013 00:50:05] code 404, message File Not Found: /appletv/us/js/application.js
192.168.1.112 - - [06/Jun/2013 00:50:05] "GET /appletv/us/js/application.js HTTP/1.1" 404 -
WebServer : serving application.js
192.168.1.112 - - [06/Jun/2013 00:50:10] code 404, message File Not Found: /appletv/us/js/application.js
192.168.1.112 - - [06/Jun/2013 00:50:10] "GET /appletv/us/js/application.js HTTP/1.1" 404 -
 
 
and I continue to get trailers not available error.