btw the guide has a typo, it says
- sudo ./PlexConnet.py
btw the guide has a typo, it says
>> Videos: I can see thumbs, but can not open the ATV3 returns an error and asks me to come back later ...
By any chance... Did you read http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/70195-getting-an-error-when-accessing-the-pre-play-screen-read-this/
btw the guide has a typo, it says
- sudo ./PlexConnet.py
https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect was the link I saw.
https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect was the link I saw.
Cheers, i will get it corrected.
Thought i was going nuts when i checked the wiki for the 10th time!
I did! I use the last version o script and now I can run movies with any formats .avi, .wmv, etc...
This script is great!
Regards!
Hi Guys!
Can some kind soul help see where I've gone wrong, I started Plex Media Server and followed the instructions on wiki for PlexConnect but unfortunately Plex is not showing but apple trailers is. Thank you in advance!!
Below is screen captures of all my settings





DNS on ATV should be 192.168.1.108 in your case...
@greymatter72: This value is wrong:

It needs to be set to the IP address of the machine where you installed PlexConnect.
THANK YOU GUYS!!! Silly me, got the numbers mixed up :D
Hi guys, I'm new to all this. I have a macbook (10.6.8) and have just downloaded python. When I open my ATV3, I can't change my DNS as it doesn't give me the option. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Jay
Hi guys, I'm new to all this. I have a macbook (10.6.8) and have just downloaded python. When I open my ATV3, I can't change my DNS as it doesn't give me the option. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Jay
What exactly are you trying to do?
What exactly are you trying to do?
I'd like to use plex on my ATV as it can't be jailbroken. I'm under the impression it's similar to jailbreak, am I wrong?
I'd like to use plex on my ATV as it can't be jailbroken. I'm under the impression it's similar to jailbreak, am I wrong?
If you read the "read before posting" sticky, it has links to an overview of the client, FAQ, install guides etc.. which should cover any questions you have.
Well, I've been reading all the direction on how to make this work. I bought the micro usb cable, installed the iphone config utility, installed the certificate on my ATV3 and Plex Connect cert folder. Plex Connect py runs, however, whenever I go to the ATV3 and run the Trailers app, it gives me the following: Trailers is Unavailable. Try again later.
So, I am giving up on this, and I am going to return the ATV 3. It is very sad since my wife and I like the UI better than Roku 3. I guess I will be looking at getting another Dune Smart Series media player instead.
Well, I've been reading all the direction on how to make this work. I bought the micro usb cable, installed the iphone config utility, installed the certificate on my ATV3 and Plex Connect cert folder. Plex Connect py runs, however, whenever I go to the ATV3 and run the Trailers app, it gives me the following: Trailers is Unavailable. Try again later.
So, I am giving up on this, and I am going to return the ATV 3. It is very sad since my wife and I like the UI better than Roku 3. I guess I will be looking at getting another Dune Smart Series media player instead.
There are loads of people on here with it working just fine. Unfortunately with an app that's not natively supported by the company creating the hardware, you have to be able to put in the time to fix any issues that come up. This is a third party app and that's what you signed up for. I'm sure your issues could be easily resolved by people on this forum, you've just got to take the time to iron them out. If that's not for you, maybe it's best you only stick to devices that are natively supported by PLEX.
Hi Guys,
I'm having a bit of a problem here. I tried to install PlexConnect and getting following message all the time:
13:36:52 PlexConnect: started: 13:36:52
13:36:52 PlexConnect: IP_self: 192.168.0.14
13:36:52 DNSServer: started: 13:36:52
13:36:52 DNSServer: ***
13:36:52 DNSServer: DNSServer: Serving DNS on port 53.
13:36:52 DNSServer: intercept: ['trailers.apple.com', 'atv.plexconnect'] => 192.168.0.14
13:36:52 DNSServer: restrain: ['mesu.apple.com', 'appldnld.apple.com', 'appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net'] => 127.0.0.1
13:36:52 DNSServer: forward other to higher level DNS: 8.8.8.8
13:36:52 DNSServer: ***
13:36:52 WebServer: started: 13:36:52
13:36:52 WebServer: Failed to connect to HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80: [Errno 10013] Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulässig
13:36:52 PlexConnect: WebServer not alive. Shutting down.
13:36:52 PlexConnect: Shutting down.
13:36:57 DNSServer: Shutting down.
13:36:57 PlexConnect: shutdown
I set the DNS Server on the Apple TV 3 (Software 5.2 - 6010.96) on 192.168.0.14 (which is my Desktop PC where Plex Media Server is running).
Phyton 2.7.5 installed and changes on TV3 (Certificates) via IPhone Utiliysoftware done.
Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?
Powerracer: Install a new updated plexconnect or create new certs all links in my signature if all else fails start over use my signature for osx
Powerracer;
The error - WebServer: Failed to connect to HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80 point me to wards something already using port 80 on your PC, do you have a webserver or something using it. (Or a copy of PlexConnect that has not closed correctly)