iOS App

Loving Plexamp... particularly the crossfade sound. Now you need an iOS app that sounds the same, so I can ditch Apple's inbuilt one that won't crossfade!!

I just tried the Mac app and love the simplicity and being reintroduced to my music library after years of Spotify-only music playback. I came the forums to request the same aggressively minimal player for iOS!

+++
I’d even throw a buck down for this to be ported to iOS. It’d probably be a lot easier to get Apple to grant CarPlay access to the PlexAmp app since they’re being… less than accepting of a full Plex app.

Rothko visualizer on my car’s entertainment system would be AMAZEBALLS.

I’m not sure you need a separate music only app for iOS, but the current one does need the volume leveling and smart transitions asap. Also a bit more aggressive caching (i.e. cache the next song while the current one is playing.)

Unfortunately Elan said in this thread https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/301351/plexamp-for-ios-carplay-android-androidauto#latest that Plexamp would not be a mobile app. It is a bit disappointing. I would love to see it or something similar on iOS for easy use when driving. I also agree that Apple might be more willing to open CarPlay up to Plex if the video component pulled out of a player for obvious safety concerns.

@nosaj72 said:
I’m not sure you need a separate music only app for iOS, but the current one does need the volume leveling and smart transitions asap. Also a bit more aggressive caching (i.e. cache the next song while the current one is playing.)

Yes, switching from wifi to LTE and vice versa should not cause a stoppage of music.

@PGalati said:
Yes, switching from wifi to LTE and vice versa should not cause a stoppage of music.

Agreed!