Movie database is not loading new movies

scanner-agent-dev

For the past few weeks, all of the movies I've added are not matching anything from the databases. I've tried to select different database than Plex Movie but still doesn't display the information. If it does return the correct movie, it doesn't update when I select it. I basically have to manually enter all the data.

I normally have this issue when I fall behind my updates. I did update but still having the same issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Seems I'm having issues with the "Plex Movie" agent aswell, last successful item was added 10 days ago. Nvm, the IMDB Plugin was having an issue, restarting PLex solved it.

I'm having the same issue, I've tried the different databases and restarting plex. still no luck.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Still no luck finding a fix. Might just have to uninstall and start from scratch

@adharbert said:
For the past few weeks, all of the movies I've added are not matching anything from the databases. I've tried to select different database than Plex Movie but still doesn't display the information. If it does return the correct movie, it doesn't update when I select it. I basically have to manually enter all the data.

I normally have this issue when I fall behind my updates. I did update but still having the same issue.

Did you find a fix?

I am having the same problem. TV shows are working fine. Movies wont load new metadata. Has been like this for the last 2 or 3 plex updates.

I've been having the same issue for the past 2 weeks. A couple months ago I had the same issue. I never found a fix but the issue resolved itself one day and I don't have a clue what happened. I've had 3 movies correctly load metadata out of the 40+ I've added over the last two weeks. I'm surprised this isn't a bigger issue and that there aren't any solutions.

@sbray112 said:

@adharbert said:

Did you find a fix?

No, I've updated Plex and restarted and it seems the meta data will load once for every 5 movies. This is getting very annoying, I have to manually enter all the movie, details and images by hand.

I wished I could submit a ticket to Plex or something, Does anyone know how to add more agents? I only have 2 and they seem crappy.

Hate to tell you guys, since experiencing the same problem, I can unequivocally state that there is no "fix to be found"... somebody 'screwed the pooch' with bad coding and until IT is fixed the dysfunction will continue. Appears to be directly related to the proper storing of metadata for movies (TV may be having a similar problem, based upon comments).
I have tested this thoroughly and included a Plex log file as requested by a Plex Team Member.
If you would like to follow the thread, it appears here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1637536#Comment_1637536

Perhaps the passing of the information from a database so that it can be properly stored...
Yea, I've done the 'matching' too and it doesn't update properly even when the movie is 'found'.

If you guys have followed the post from above, you can see that Plex has not provided any answers that solve the problem with the dysfunction AND HAVE STOPPED RESPONDING...
As a community I think that the only answer that is acceptable is WORKING software; of what use is software that doesn't perform its basic function, like obtaining movie or TV info and the organization and presentation thereof.
Really, not only has this dysfunction 'cropped-up' and not been resolved (for weeks amounting to months), but there are "features" that HAVE NEVER WORKED and STILL have not been addressed - Have any of you seen a picture of the (empty) cast with the round 'holes' provided for the missing faces?
Well, I have found a solution to all this dysfunctional crap - its called "Emby".
Check it out - all the (now missing in Plex) movie artwork appears, along with the proper dates of release (that no longer work with Plex), AND I actually get to see the cast members!
(What do you know; software that WORKS!) And, yea, it did take some effort to get this setup (and the pains of a little learning curve, but no more than Plex was and is relatively easy if you know Plex),
AND I didn't have to touch my existing structures (folders) or rename of my media - it all worked as is...
Now, I spent a lot of time getting Plex all setup and operational JUST TO NOT HAVE IT WORK!
So, essentially it is Plex's inability or unwillingness to provide FUNCTIONAL software that has 'pushed' me to this. If you get tired of 'fighting' with software that doesn't work, there is a solution.

HERE is the answer as posted with the question as to why Plex quit working (as outlined here) after the last update. (see link posted above)
As with most things, when the resolve is found, the issue becomes clear...
The dysfunction with Plex did not clear-up after yet ANOTHER update (3.37.2 to 3.39.5 from the LimeTech repository). It got resolved when unRAID was subsequently updated from 6.4.1 to 6.5.0 and THEN Plex resumed normal functioning...
So, what does this tell us?
1) As I contended, it was a 'coding' issue - a Plex update was applied and functionality went "belly-up" as outlined (extensively) in these discussions; it should also be noted that this is not the first time a dysfunction has occurred upon applying an update; previously, Plex could not find the "server" (itself) after an update was applied. This is significant as you will see in the continuing discourse - it is indicative of improper testing before release, in particular, on the given platform in question, unRAID.
2) As I also noted, NO CHANGES to Plex settings had been made prior to the onset of dysfuntion; it was entirely elicited through the application of the update. By the same token, NO CHANGES that could be applied by the user were EVER going to rectify the dysfunction. Until the disconnect between Plex and unRAID was resolved through proper handling within the code, the issue was to remain unresolved.
In this case, the proof certainly is "in the pudding" as far as what it took to become functional once again.
3) The disconnect in this case is further emphasized by another fact - the dysfunction with Plex had gone on for so long that I started [was forced into] using a functional program called "Emby". It, in fact, was completely operational in the collection and storage of data from the VERY SAME movie data base source as specified in Plex and was fully functional DURING THE ENTIRE TIME of the problems with Plex.

So, what is tells us is that changes made with Plex (update) threw the works out of kilter in relation to the platform it was operating under (which may not have been an issue on other platforms) AND until the coding was properly realigned (with the unRAID update), it remained dysfunctional, even through a number of its (Plex's) own updates.
By implication, it also tells us the updates are not being completely or properly tested on the platforms to which they apply, in this case unRAID... not exactly an 'unknown' quantity.

And, at this point (for over a week now), it is working better than "ever"; not only in the restoration of functionality that went "out the window", but I am actually getting metadata on the cast that has been missing for so... long that I can't remember.
Enough said. We're "back in the saddle again". I suggest the Plex pay heed to what has been presented in this issue in order to avoid future problems, the potential of alienating the user base and the needless aggravation it presents to the Plex Community.