Movie folders do not display

server-raspberry-pi

I'm running plex server on a raspberry pi 3. I setup a movie library on an external WD Mybook harddrive. The root folder has individual movie folders in it. (i.e movies\die hard or movies\die hard with a vengence) (then each one of those folders have the movie files in them(i.e movies\die hard\brucewillisiscool.mp4) I also tried a USB drive the same way. I can add the library as "movies" but then the movies do not show in the library.

They are all mp4's, I've tried naming them Joe Dirt2 (2015).mp4 as well with underscores and still no go. Not a single of my 300 movies on my 4TB drive show in my folder. Why???

I’m running plex server on a raspberry pi 3. I setup a movie library on an external WD Mybook harddrive. The root folder has individual movie folders in it. (i.e movies\die hard or movies\die hard with a vengence) (then each one of those folders have the movie files in them(i.e movies\die hard\brucewillisiscool.mp4) I also tried a USB drive the same way. I can add the library as “movies” but then the movies do not show in the library.

They are all mp4’s, I’ve tried naming them Joe Dirt2 (2015).mp4 as well with underscores and still no go. Not a single of my 300 movies on my 4TB drive show in my folder. Why???

Your file permissions are wrong. User plex is not allowed to read your files. Please read the Linux USB drive guide.