Multiple Plex Servers at Home

Are there any known issues with running two Plex servers on two different machines on the same LAN? This is the setup I have:

Server 1:
MacMini 2011
2GHz i7 Quad-Core
8gb RAM

Server 2:
MacMini 2012
2.6GHz i7 Quad-Core
16gb RAM

Both are hardwired via CAT6a. Both running the latest MacOS and Plex Media Server. Both have Remote Access enabled and claim to be “Fully accessible outside your network”. Both are signed into the same Plex account. Both have the same NAS drives mounted and pull video/music files from the same NAS devices. While I understand Server 1 is less powerful than Server 2, it should be more than enough to run a single stream. However Server 1 hiccups during playback and is a lot slower than Server 2 to load up the library. It also occasionally claims to be offline. Clicking retry a few times usually brings it back. It also frequently claimed that it is no longer remotely accessible.

Any ideas why this would be happening? It behaves a lot like if two devices on the network are assigned the same IP address (obviously I’ve checked this and my router is doing it’s job and there are no duplicate static IPs on the network). The hiccup is large enough to stop playback. And ideas and solutions are greatly appreciated. FYI, Server 2 behaves perfectly. No issues.

Try giving each server a STATIC Ip address
e.g. 192.168.1.11 and 192.168.1.12

It may not change things but it a better way to have it set up.

Also to narrow things down does Server 1 have “hiccups” when server 2 is OFF

FYI i have had upto 6 servers on my network in all sorts of combinations

Both servers have static reservations on the router already but I have not yet tried turning Server 2 off. I can try that today.