The following preferences are currently supported:
- DlnaEnabled - bool - Determines whether Plex Media Server's DLNA service is enabled. 1=on, 0=off. Default is 1.
- DlnaPlatinumLoggingLevel - string - Specifies the level of verbosity of the Plex DLNA Server Neptune.log file. Values can be one of OFF, FATAL, SEVERE, WARNING, INFO, FINE, FINER, FINEST. Default is INFO.
- DlnaReportTimeline - bool - Determines whether Plex Media Server's DLNA service will record approximate playback progress. 1=on, 0=off. Default is 1.
- DlnaDeviceDiscoveryInterval - integer - Determines the duration in seconds of the interval between SSDP searches performed by Plex Media Server's DLNA server. These searches are used to enable detection of client devices by friendly name and other non-request-driven mechanisms. If this value is set to zero, no such searches will occur, and friendly name detection mechanisms will not work. Default is 60 (aka 1 minute).
- DlnaDefaultProtocolInfo - string - specifies the string used by Plex Media Server to respond to GetProtocolInfo requests. The default is generally fine, and if you know enough to change this, you probably know what to change it to. :)
- DlnaClientPreferences - string - Specifies video quality setting overrides for local, remote and online content, as well as direct-play and direct-streaming preferences. Settings can be specified by matching client profile name, or by IP address. If multiple settings apply to the same client, the first entry in the string wins. IP-address-based settings can also be edited by browsing into the "Preferences" folder under the video tree in a DLNA client.
On Windows, preferences are set by adding or editing registry values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Plex, Inc.\Plex Media Server. Strings are REG_SZ, integers are REG_DWORD, and boolean preferences are REG_DWORD with values 0/1.
On OS X, preferences are set like this:
$ defaults write com.plexapp.plexmediaserver DlnaEnabled -boolean YES
$ defaults write com.plexapp.plexmediaserver DlnaPlatinumLoggingLevel FINE