Plex Media Server on NAS playing through Sonos

Server Version#:1.43.0.10492
Player Version#:

I have reached through the forum for assistance but sadly unable to resolve my issue…

I have a Western Digital My Cloud Home NAS drive that is running Plex Server 1.43.0.10492.

Since changing my Router (due to change of provider) to a Zyxel EX5601-T0 I am experiencing severe difficulties on using Plex with my Sonos system despite numerous attempts to remedy - the Remote Access repeatedly indicates ‘Not available outside your network’ - I have tried manually specifying public for on the default ‘32400’ to no avail.

I will work for short period only, but then reverts back…

In addition I have also tried a Port Forwarding rule, but again with no success - whether I have done that correctly is another matter!).

Plex appears to run fine on my smart TV.

I have tried speaking to my broadband company for assistance, but again no help there.

I am running a Mac on iOS27 if of any relevance.

Assistance required please in resolving so I can use Plex on Sonos once again. Thanks!

That’s just Plex “optimistically” showing a green status indicator while it’s testing the connection. Assume your remote setup isn’t working.