Plex movie art changing

So, apparently now my server is changing poster art for movies that I’ve even manually specified in the server (and one I used a program for to put all the artwork in the expected directories for others)

this is infuriating! Why is this even a feature and I can’t seem to disable it. This isn’t Netflix where they try to make old stuff look like new additions, I actually want to remember my movies by poster art.

to top it off it picks the absolute WORST poster of all, like ones with “Oscar winning” or a crap load of small texts, I’ve even gotten ones that don’t fit the block and also ones even with blue bars on bottom and top saying “blue-ray”. But never has it ONCE picked a decent photo on its refresh that looked right and original and high quality.

I have media libraries I tirelessly organized specifically for plex, had a third party app bring in cover art into the folder to folder for use if plex didn’t have a good one or even for it to auto select (I used the right file names) I have turned off everything possible in refreshing but eventually have to manually do it for new content.

is there anyway to just disable this infuriating “feature”???

I know I’ve asked a year ago but wanted to see if anything changed or I could get a real plex person to respond to this horrible feature

Server Version#: latest windows 10 paid their
Player Version#: latest
<If providing server logs please do NOT turn on verbose logging, only debug logging should be enabled>

Edit the library and enable “Use Local Assets”. Then it will use your artwork saved in the folders.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200220677-local-media-assets-movies/

Yes I have seen this, since I had 2000+ movies I had to gloss over the local assets and did spend alot of time changing things around in plex after (scrolled and re-selected everyone I wanted to change) I’m afraid this might revert everything and unlink me from stats I like etc. if I could just padlock a poster then I could slowly clean it up over time as they go bad here and there instead of letting them pile up resetting ones I changed.

I guess if this is the only option I’ll start a new library when I build a new server in a little over a year when the house is paid for lol, this one is 13 years old and still kicking ass

I still have no idea why this was added a few years back, I mean does anyone like changing artwork? Am i the weirdo?