Plexamp cross fade issue

Hi,

really loving plexamp. I have only one slight annoyance. The cross fade is awesome, but unfortunately when starting the next track it starts from the beginning rather than from where the crossfade finishes up.

Anyway I was wondering if this is a setup issue / known issue or a bug.

This is happening on a similar-songs radio station that is probably going through playing a bunch of tracks on my plex library for the first time.

Thanks again for this - even with this slight issue plexamp is my new favourite music player!

@“Joe Kilner” said:
really loving plexamp. I have only one slight annoyance. The cross fade is awesome, but unfortunately when starting the next track it starts from the beginning rather than from where the crossfade finishes up.

I’m so sorry, but I’m not sure I understand what you mean :sweat_smile:

So a cross fade plays the beginning of track B over the end of track A and then switches over to track B. If the crossfade was 2s long then we should be 2s in to track B when we switch over.

The problem is that for me playback restarts at the beginning of track B so I hear the first 2s of B twice - firstly as a fade in over the end of track A (with track A’s album art and name displayed in the player) and then again on its own (with track B displayed in the player).

This does not happen all the time, but with this particular automatic play-list it is happening on 90% of songs.

Hope that makes sense - if it still isn’t clear I’ll reply with a graph :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Huh, I’ve actually never heard of that happening. Ever.

If you’re on macOS or Linux, anything interesting in /tmp/mpd.log?

I’m on Windows 10. Nothing fancy about my setup. This is happening while streaming FLACs without transcoding over the internet from my QNAP NAS at home to work.

Attached debugger, to mpd.exe only thing I can see is that a thread is started when the track changes. On the “Status | Alerts” page sometimes I see the track starts playing twice.

Also checked server and plexamp are both up to date, restarted server and triggered an “Analyze” on my library. Problem persists.

Also tried rewinding and re-doing the transition (in case it was some kind of initial download problem) and the issue persisted.

Happy to dig anywhere that might shed light on the issue (I’m a dev so happy to attach debuggers, find debug output, do some network traffic sniffing or anything else that might help).

Reached out via PM.

Is there a known issue or fix for this? I just started with plexamp and am seeing the same thing. Track changes and crossfades…crossfade finishes, and the new track starts from the beginning again. I am on Fedora 28, running plexamp 1.0.5.