PleXBMC client for XBMC

Hi,

Many thanks for the answer, but no, it does no work for me. In addition to that, it even crash my MINIX X5.

Making more tests, it appears only the resolution logo & resolution text in the list is wrong. For example on most of the 720p it display SD in text AND on the logo of description. The Audio and other information logos are correct.

Anyone running 9.8.4 with Plexbmc? Multiuser won't work but what about the rest?

Does Scot's warning about not signing into MyPlex stil apply?

Hi

I'm running on 9.8.4 and plexbmc is working fine for me on my raspberry pi with openelec installed.

The only problem I have is that when I transcode a movie it freezes every now and then, the weird thing is that when I watch the same move on my nexus 4 over 3G, it works perfectly.

The only difference is that plexbmc is using Plex Transcoder while the nexus 4 is using the Plex New Transcoder.

Do you know if there is a place where I can tell plexbmc to use the Plex New Transcoder instead?

Cheers

Hamba

Wrong thread... sorry!

Hello,

I have a problem with my plexbmc.

I now trying to use it to play music.

But when I launch one track, plexbmc don't  play the next track.

Is it normal ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with my plexbmc.

I now trying to use it to play music.

But when I launch one track, plexbmc don't  play the next track.

Is it normal ?

Thanks

I don't consider this normal, but it may be dependent on what XBMC skin you use and the configuration of both XBMC and PlexBMC, as well as the skin.

I recommend using the special skins adapted for PlexBMC use by pecinko. You should look for "Amber" and "Quartz", and make sure they're the PlexBMC-adapted versions.

With these skins you can switch XBMC into a Plex mode, where it works almost exactly like a 'real' Plex client.

With other skins you will have to relaunch the PlexBMC add-on manually every time you navigate through the XBMC main menu to switch section

I'm testing one of my PlexBMC setups right now on a WinXP PC, running one of the recent 'Frodo' releases of XBMC with the current PlexBMC add-on installed and using the "Amber" skin. At this moment it's playing a song from a 'Clannad' album in my Plex library, auto-switching to that song after finishing the song that preceded it. So for me that's working.

Best regards: dlanor

Thanks for your answer.

I don't use a special skin ... Only Aeon Flux avec OpenElec on my Artic  MC0001.

EDIT:

I have suceeded : I allowed my skin to play next video (even if it is FLAC files ...) automatically => Tadaaaa, it works !

When I try to use the Android Plex app to play an internet video and select "Play on PleXBMC client", it says "Script failed" everytime


10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> do_GET: Serving GET request...
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: request path is: [xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp]
10:17:31 T:264   ERROR: 192.168.1.66 - - [18/Aug/2013 10:17:31] "GET /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayMedia%28http%3A//192.168.1.66%3A32400/video/pbs/episodes%3Furi%3D%252Fcove%252Fv1%252Fprograms%252F376903%252F%26title%3D10%2BBuildings%2Bthat%2BChanged%2BAmerica%3B/system/%3A/services/url/lookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524%3B%2B%3B%20%3B%20%29 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> Detected remote application request
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Path: /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayMedia%28http%3A//192.168.1.66%3A32400/video/pbs/episodes%3Furi%3D%252Fcove%252Fv1%252Fprograms%252F376903%252F%26title%3D10%2BBuildings%2Bthat%2BChanged%2BAmerica%3B/system/%3A/services/url/lookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524%3B%2B%3B%20%3B%20%29
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Request: command=PlayMedia(http://192.168.1.66:32400/video/pbs/episodes?uri=%2Fcove%2Fv1%2Fprograms%2F376903%2F&title=10+Buildings+that+Changed+America;/system/:/services/url/lookup?url=http%3A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524;+; ; )
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Command: Sending a json to XBMC
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> __init__: remote object setup: [PlayMedia] [http://192.168.1.66:32400/video/pbs/episodes?uri=%2Fcove%2Fv1%2Fprograms%2F376903%2F&title=10+Buildings+that+Changed+America;/system/:/services/url/lookup?url=http%3A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524;+; ; ]
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> JSON RQST: {"params": {"item": {"file": "plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.66%3A32400%2Fsystem%2F%3A%2Fservices%2Furl%2Flookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%2F%2Fvideo.pbs.org%2Fvideo%2F2365003524&mode=5&force=0"}}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "Player.Open"}
10:17:31 T:2908  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:17:31 T:2908  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running PleXBMC: 3.1.5
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: Windows
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off.  Running silent
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Detected parameters: {'url': 'http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.66%3A32400%2Fsystem%2F%3A%2Fservices%2Furl%2Flookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%2F%2Fvideo.pbs.org%2Fvideo%2F2365003524', 'force': '0', 'mode': '5'}
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request
10:17:32 T:2908   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type:
                                            Error Contents: feed() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not bool
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 4082, in
                                                playLibraryMedia(param_url,force=force)
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 1711, in playLibraryMedia
                                                streams=getAudioSubtitlesMedia(server,id, full_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 1572, in getAudioSubtitlesMedia
                                                tree=etree.fromstring(html)
                                              File "", line 85, in XML
                                            TypeError: feed() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not bool
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> request completed
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> send: OK
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PlexGDM: Client registration successful
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> : Client is still registered
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> : PlexBMC Helper still running on port 3000
 

10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> do_GET: Serving GET request...
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: request path is: [xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp]
10:17:31 T:264   ERROR: 192.168.1.66 - - [18/Aug/2013 10:17:31] "GET /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayMedia%28http%3A//192.168.1.66%3A32400/video/pbs/episodes%3Furi%3D%252Fcove%252Fv1%252Fprograms%252F376903%252F%26title%3D10%2BBuildings%2Bthat%2BChanged%2BAmerica%3B/system/%3A/services/url/lookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524%3B%2B%3B%20%3B%20%29 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> Detected remote application request
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Path: /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=PlayMedia%28http%3A//192.168.1.66%3A32400/video/pbs/episodes%3Furi%3D%252Fcove%252Fv1%252Fprograms%252F376903%252F%26title%3D10%2BBuildings%2Bthat%2BChanged%2BAmerica%3B/system/%3A/services/url/lookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524%3B%2B%3B%20%3B%20%29
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Request: command=PlayMedia(http://192.168.1.66:32400/video/pbs/episodes?uri=%2Fcove%2Fv1%2Fprograms%2F376903%2F&title=10+Buildings+that+Changed+America;/system/:/services/url/lookup?url=http%3A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524;+; ; )
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> answer_request: Command: Sending a json to XBMC
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> __init__: remote object setup: [PlayMedia] [192.168.1.66:32400/video/pbs/episodes?uri=%2Fcove%2Fv1%2Fprograms%2F376903%2F&title=10+Buildings+that+Changed+America;/system/:/services/url/lookup?url=http%3A//video.pbs.org/video/2365003524;+; ; ]
10:17:31 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> JSON RQST: {"params": {"item": {"file": "plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.66%3A32400%2Fsystem%2F%3A%2Fservices%2Furl%2Flookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%2F%2Fvideo.pbs.org%2Fvideo%2F2365003524&mode=5&force=0"}}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "Player.Open"}
10:17:31 T:2908  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:17:31 T:2908  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: (2, 6, 6, 'final', 0)
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running PleXBMC: 3.1.5
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: Windows
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Debug is turned off.  Running silent
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Detected parameters: {'url': 'http%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.66%3A32400%2Fsystem%2F%3A%2Fservices%2Furl%2Flookup%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%2F%2Fvideo.pbs.org%2Fvideo%2F2365003524', 'force': '0', 'mode': '5'}
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request
10:17:32 T:2908  NOTICE: HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request
10:17:32 T:2908   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: 
                                            Error Contents: feed() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not bool
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 4082, in 
                                                playLibraryMedia(param_url,force=force)
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 1711, in playLibraryMedia
                                                streams=getAudioSubtitlesMedia(server,id, full_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Lc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.plexbmc\default.py", line 1572, in getAudioSubtitlesMedia
                                                tree=etree.fromstring(html)
                                              File "", line 85, in XML
                                            TypeError: feed() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not bool
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> listener -> request completed
10:17:32 T:264  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> send: OK
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PlexGDM: Client registration successful
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> : Client is still registered
10:17:41 T:2324  NOTICE: PleXBMC Helper -> : PlexBMC Helper still running on port 3000

Here is my log file.  http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46961

I get script error.Can some one please help me.tell me what I am doing wrong please

Here is my log file.  http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46961

I get script error.Can some one please help me.tell me what I am doing wrong please

You are trying to use Plex skin (Amber-pht) on XBMC. Goto amber thread and install right skin. Remove amber-pht from XBMC - you can use it with PHT.

You need to enable web server if you want to use plex helper. However, you don't need it to access PMServer - it is optional. I don't use it, for example. Report back.

@JJ2

You know that you can AirPlay video to XBMC directly, right?

@pecinko

Thanx for reply, but I'm not sure I follow you.  I'm trying to use my tablet (or at least laptop) to queue up online content from Plex channels onto XBMC.  From what I understand, Airplay is not supported by the Plex android app.  Furthermore, using airplay on a laptop requires a PlexPass subscription.

@pecinko

Thanx for reply, but I'm not sure I follow you.  I'm trying to use my tablet (or at least laptop) to queue up online content from Plex channels onto XBMC.  From what I understand, Airplay is not supported by the Plex android app.  Furthermore, using airplay on a laptop requires a PlexPass subscription.

Sorry. not familiar with Android. I was expecting it to work like from iOS - Airplay - XBMC (as target). In this case, no helper is needed.

Hey,

is there any way to change the 32400 port to 32443 - the https port.

The plexbmc gives me script failed when trying to access a server using the https port - via myplex.

I can se the server, and I get a "Movies" and "TV Shows" menu, but when I try going in to eg TV Shows, the script error comes up.

I guess it has something to do with the new https settings for PMS? It seems to be the same problem with the Mac client, and hopefully it will get updated soon. Plex/web works fine!

But, how could I fix this in plexbmc? 

Thank you!

If I turn on logging I see the problem I think.

Everywhere it's still http not https

09:53:54 T:2601825376  NOTICE: PleXBMC -> URL: http://***.***.***.***:32443/library/sections/2

Please fix plexbmc to automatically (?) change to https when using port 32443.

Sorry I must be blind but I can't see the amber skin for plexbmc in that thread.  Can you please give a precise link.

You are trying to use Plex skin (Amber-pht) on XBMC. Goto amber thread and install right skin. Remove amber-pht from XBMC - you can use it with PHT.

You need to enable web server if you want to use plex helper. However, you don't need it to access PMServer - it is optional. I don't use it, for example. Report back.

Sorry I must be blind but I can't see the amber skin for plexbmc in that thread.  Can you please give a precise link.

Link is very precise. Be so kind to read the first post with install instructions.

This works so much better than the plex app. It has wol support unlike the official plex app. Now I can ditch MySQL server completely and use the plex server with xbmc.

What is the difference between Amber for PHT and Amber that is posted on XBMC which is version 0.9.4? It also has the Plex view. Is there a difference?

Nevermind I have the answer.