PleXBMC client for XBMC

What happens if you enable subtitles in XBMC and then choose "set as default for all videos"? Also, make sure you have latest plexbmc - 3.2.2

I have the same issue, it only works if i was connected via VPN, via myplex it wont work.

Hi,

Would just like to say thanks. I have tried many solutions for a Plex client on Raspberry pi. Openlec with plexbmc is the best option....with adaptation of quartz. Its fast, reliable and looks good.

Many Thanks.

P

What happens if you enable subtitles in XBMC and then choose "set as default for all videos"? Also, make sure you have latest plexbmc - 3.2.2

last version. if putting it when it's xbmc control it'll stay on but no subs recorgnizes. when moving back to plex control subtitles aren't shown again

Hi hippojay, welcome back, and I'm sorry to hear about the work-related worries.

I'm a happy camper using plexbmc day in and day out on my openelec installation. I have no interest in running gotham for now as I only use openelec for plexbmc. Everything works great for me, except the two following non-deal-breaking issues:

  1. If I pause the video during playback and unpause, the audio resumes from about 2 seconds ahead of where I paused and the video first freezes and then plays at about 3x to catch up. Happens with any media type played via plexbmc but not via XBMC.
  2. If I change the poster artwork for a movie or tv show in Plex/Web, the selected poster will not show up in any view in Quartz in plexbmc (just remains blank or shows whatever poster was showing for the previously selected item). If I change the poster back to the default poster in Plex/Web then the artwork shows again in Plexbmc.

Otherwise my only request would be Now Playing support as this will allow me to sync with trakt.tv

Thanks a mill for your hard work!

Why would you use plexbmc on android when plex has an android client that works well. I find Xbmc on android to be an overkill.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm just browsing this thread, and came across the above, and I feel the need to respond to it.

I got an OUYA because it's a compact and powerful media streamer.  One problem:  The Plex client stutters and freezes.  I don't know why it does this, but it does.  I finally found a solution:  XBMC + PleXBMC + Amber.  Problem solved.

It's always good to have options.  I'd be annoyed and tearing my hair out right now if it weren't for PleXBMC working on Android.

Hi,

I'm new to plex and xbmc so I waited a long time before writing and I tested to make sure the issue with plexbmc I noticed is not caused by a mistake I made.

I noticed that plexbmc on linux and android doesn't save the video position if I stop watching. Resuming a previosly watched video with plexbmc from a saved position works flawlessly instead.

Let me give you an example: I watch a video with the andoid plex app or the samsung smart tv plex app and stop it at position 50:00. Next I open this video with plexbmc and decide to resume at postion 50:00. Than if I stop watching this video at position 60:00 and go back to the android plex app  this app asks me to resume at position 50:00 - expected outcome would be to resume at position 60:00. Additionally if I go back to plexbmc and start this video again plexbmc also asks me if I would like to resume at position 50:00.

Resuming a video with the android plex app which I've previosly watched on the samsung plex app and vice versa works - every time I stop watching the last position is saved and I can resume the video on another device so I think this issue is not server or firewall related.

Maybe this save/resume issue could be an addition for the issue list.

I tested with:

plexmediaserver         0.9.8.5.165-c301c50
plexbmc                      3.2.2 (git version)
android plex app        latest version (with and withoud plexpass)
samsung plex app      latest version

Cheers
Jimy

Time to dust off all of the Boxee Boxes out there that have been sitting in the basement.  :)

It appears that a couple of developers have been able to port XBMC to the boxee box.

It is still very early in development and is still VERY buggy, but it is an excellent start and hopefully development will progress quickly.

Link to XBMC info screen shown on boxee box.

Link forum post with first build

github link (you will still need to build this from source if you download from github -- check the docs folder for instructions)

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/boxee/comments/1lfuax/xbmc_has_been_ported_to_the_boxee_box/

7Xga2BL.jpg

A hacked, named quarnster, is working a xbmc version for the Boxee Box. At this moment only the GUI is working by EGL/GLESv2 rendering, but hardware accelerated video and audio is a work in progress. The only requirement for now is root access. XBMC will be installed side by side next to the Boxee binaries, so limited risk is involved at this stage.

This project sounds very promising and could be a real alternative since Boxee won’t bring out any more updates for the Boxee Box. The project is open source and hopsted on github. Installation instructions can be found here: http://github.com/quarnster/boxeebox-xbmc

Source: http://browse.feedreader.com/c/Xbmcfreak/579496520

Hi hippojay

Are you planning on updating plexbmc to allow: Shelf items fetch subroutine?

Pecinko said he needs that so the Amber skin can have “on-deck” and “newly added” for each main menu… I want my TV to have on deck and new listed…

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Could someone please test PleXBMC plus the Amber skin on a Raspberry Pi?  I see that Quartz works fine, but I'm a big fan of Amber, and I'm considering getting a Pi.  I'm fed up with my OUYA, it's not nearly as hackable as promised.

Could someone please test PleXBMC plus the Amber skin on a Raspberry Pi? I see that Quartz works fine, but I'm a big fan of Amber, and I'm considering getting a Pi. I'm fed up with my OUYA, it's not nearly as hackable as promised.


Amber works as good as Quartz don't worry about that.

Running 3.2.2 when i try to play a tv show from unwatched it always fails, same episode when selected from all shows will play.

If i revert back to 3.1.5 this works. 

any suggestions most welcome...

Running 3.2.2 when i try to play a tv show from unwatched it always fails, same episode when selected from all shows will play.

If i revert back to 3.1.5 this works. 

any suggestions most welcome...

This works - tv shows-unwatched-tvshow.title-all episodes-play

This works - tv shows-unwatched-tvshow.title-all episodes-play


I only get the option for all episodes when there is more than one season unwatched. Is there a setting to change this?

Could someone please test PleXBMC plus the Amber skin on a Raspberry Pi?  I see that Quartz works fine, but
I'm a big fan of Amber, and I'm considering getting a Pi.

The RPi is a very nice box for its price, well worth getting, but since that price is so low some of its capabilities are low-end as well, and most importantly the general processing speed. I bought one some time ago and experimented with various software on it, including both XBMC+PlexBMC and RasPlex. All experiments had one thing in common, which is that the RPi is quite 'sluggish' in its responses compared to a full-scale PC. This is to be expected of course, at that price, but for one with other alternatives it's not the media player of choice. (I gave it to my brother, who had no other media player.)

The media player I mostly use now is the OUYA, despite its limitations.
It too is weaker than a full-scale PC, but considerably faster than the RPi.

I'm fed up with my OUYA, it's not nearly as hackable as promised.

I too was very disappointed at first, especially at the broken promise of 'rooted by default', since there were lots of things I wanted to try which simply couldn't work without root access. And the inability to load already paid for apps from Google Play was another major limitation.

But fortunately homebrewers have fixed those problems, in the form of some simple add-on apps that can be used through 'side-loading' a few APK files. One of these is a 'one-click' rooter, and the same author has also made another app which installs the Google Play app store and protects the OUYA from losing the new features through the frequent OUYA system updates (which can also be disabled so you only check for updates when you want to).

NB: If you search for these apps, please be aware that some of the claimed 'one-click' rooters demand installation of tons of stuff before that 'one click' can be done, usually including installing the dev kit on a PC and connecting your OUYA to it, like in developing OUYA software. But there is a 'real' one-click rooter app too, which you just have to sideload and then run to achieve rooted state. I'm not sure if links of this kind are allowed here, so I won't include any in this post, but if you're interested you should be able to find it through googling.

Another thing to consider is that an official OUYA version of XBMC now is available in the OUYA app store (aka: "Discovery" menu), and this works fine with PlexBMC and the related skins.

However, I should add that the Plex client setup which works best on my OUYA is 'Serenity 1.4.3-M2' (available in the Plex forums) with 'MX Player' as external player. This handles everything well, without any of the stutters that have affected networked playback in all other clients on the OUYA (including XBMC). Serenity is still a bit limited when it comes to list ViewModes (no grid mode for shows yet), but that is to be improved in an upcoming release (as promised by its author).

XBMC+PlexBMC works on the OUYA too, as stated above, but unfortunately it has been subject to occasional stutters like most other media players on the OUYA  when playing media over network. This is probably due in part to the OUYA hardware design, which handles too much through the internal USB bus (including the Ethernet port). Hopefully the networking will be improved in upcoming OUYA system updates to eliminate those stutters in XBMC and other media players, such as the official Plex clients (which suffer horribly at present).

Best regards: dlanor

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/boxee/comments/1lfuax/xbmc_has_been_ported_to_the_boxee_box/
Source: http://browse.feedreader.com/c/Xbmcfreak/579496520

The project of porting XBMC to a hacked BoxeeBox that you referred to in your post has progressed very nicely.
Today I installed it on my (long disused) BBox, simply by unpacking a ZIP to a USB drive and connecting it to my BBox after updating its basic "Boxee+Hacks" installation to the latest version (needed for auto-boot of XBMC).

This makes my BBox boot in XBMC whenever that USB drive is connected at power-on, though it otherwise still boots the normal Boxee firmware.

In XBMC I have then installed the latest PlexBMC addon as well as the PlexBMC-adapted versions of Amber and Quartz skins, all of which works very well indeed on the BBox. This has now become the highest quality non-PC Plex client at my disposal, so it will see a lot of use in the near future (though I will continue to use/test some other clients too).

For owners of a Boxee Box who may have abandoned it due to lack of official support, this is a real game-changing development, as much of the main software support now comes from the well established XBMC team (complemented by the Boxee homebrewers who port XBMC for the BBox).

Best regards: dlanor

Not sure if this is the right place for this, or if I need to start another thread, but here goes.

Here is my current set up.

UnRaid file server running PMS (version 0.9.8.6)

Raspberry Pi Client running XBMC (version 12.2), PleXBMC (version 3.1.5) and PleXBMC Helper (version 3.1.3).

iPhone and iPad running the Plex App.

Currently just about everything works as it should apart from one thing.

Remote playing from the Plex Media Manager.

When I bring up a movie in the media manager, I can see the XBMC in the drop down box, but when I select it I get "Opening stream" on the Raspberry Pi and then a script failed error message.

Here is the XBMC log file - 

http://pastebin.com/jQRuGQeR

PleXBMC starts on line 967.

Thing is, I can remote play to the Raspberry Pi from the iOS devices. And I can browse the plex library directly from the Raspberry Pi, but when I try to play a video on the Raspberry Pi from the media manager it doesn't work.

Now I really don't have any idea what I'm looking at in the log file but why is PleXBMC trying to connect to 127.0.0.1? 127.0.0.1 = Local host doesn't it?
Shouldn't it be trying to connect to 192.168.0.10 (which is the address of my UnRaid server).

Some things I have tried:

In Plex media manager I have gone to settings > Network > Show advanced settings and changed the Web Manager Address from "http://127.0.0.1:32400/web" to "http://192.168.0.10:32400/web" - This didn't work.

In PleXBMC I have changed automatic discovery to "off" and manually entered the server address. - This did not work.

I have changed Stream from PMS from "auto" to smb" - This did not work.

I have selected the master server - This did not work.

I have tried updating to the latest versions of PleXBMC and Helper and this also did not fix the problem so I rolled back to the versions in the repository.

I have also tried running a second Plex Server on a Windows machine and remote playing from that (to rule out an UnRaid problem) and I get the exact same result.

Any other ideas on how I could get this working?

Also, are there any other Logs I could paste to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks.

Trying to get PleXBMC working on my Apple TV 1 (Silver) via XBMC 11 (Eden).

Plex Media Server 0.9.7.28-f80a4a2,(I am running this older version to support a WebKit window on Windows --- last version where it works --- needed for ESPN plugin)

 
Hardware for PMS:  Lenovo T430 running Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
PlexXBMC: ATV 1 (Silver), XBMC 11.0. 20120321
 
I have successfully connected to the PMS from a Roku 2 XS and can see the 3 Video Channels I added and stream video.
 
But when I open the PleXBMC addon from XBMC on the ATV1 I can see only two folders (repeated twice)   SERVERNAME:Channel and SERVERNAME:Plex Online
 
if I click either one nothing loads.
 
I have adjusted the connection sections to both Bonjour and Non-Bonjour.
 
Not sure if I have missed something, perhaps on the PMS?
 
My logs show multiple IP addresses with a time out for the main one on the Local Network and one from a VirtualBox Adapter.
 
Any ideas.  
 
Thanks in advance.

Trying to get PleXBMC working on my Apple TV 1 (Silver) via XBMC 11 (Eden).

Plex Media Server 0.9.7.28-f80a4a2,(I am running this older version to support a WebKit window on Windows --- last version where it works --- needed for ESPN plugin)

 
Hardware for PMS:  Lenovo T430 running Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
PlexXBMC: ATV 1 (Silver), XBMC 11.0. 20120321
 
I have successfully connected to the PMS from a Roku 2 XS and can see the 3 Video Channels I added and stream video.
 
But when I open the PleXBMC addon from XBMC on the ATV1 I can see only two folders (repeated twice)   SERVERNAME:Channel and SERVERNAME:Plex Online
 
if I click either one nothing loads.
 
I have adjusted the connection sections to both Bonjour and Non-Bonjour.
 
Not sure if I have missed something, perhaps on the PMS?
 
My logs show multiple IP addresses with a time out for the main one on the Local Network and one from a VirtualBox Adapter.
 
Any ideas.  
 
Thanks in advance.

Updates:

Not sure why but now in the first SERVERNAME:Channel, iTunes Loads.  And browsing it confirms it is the iTunes Library on my PMS.

So, why are my video Channels not showing up?

Updates:

Not sure why but now in the first SERVERNAME:Channel, iTunes Loads.  And browsing it confirms it is the iTunes Library on my PMS.

So, why are my video Channels not showing up?

Some additional observations:

This morning I tried to access again via the Add-on and the iTunes folder DID NOT appear under channels.

Interestingly I tried accessing via UPnP and all of the Channels appear but they DID NOT load any content when accessed.

I suspect there is something very, very simple here which is incorrect.  I would really love to get this working.

Thanks.