This morning I tried to access again via the Add-on and the iTunes folder DID NOT appear under channels.
Interestingly I tried accessing via UPnP and all of the Channels appear but they DID NOT load any content when accessed.
I suspect there is something very, very simple here which is incorrect. I would really love to get this working.
Thanks.
I ran a few more tests.
As a sanity check I downloaded a basic UPnP client for my iPad. It can see all the Channels and even play content from the PBS video add-on. One weird thing was that could not drill down into the ESPN folder it had a no-access icon.
So I went back to PleXBMC via the XBMC Add-on and iTunes appears now. If switch to access Plex via UPnP (just like the iPad client) I can see the Titles for all content, ESPN and PBS but cannot anything (including the PBS content which I could launch on the iPad).
As a sanity check I downloaded a basic UPnP client for my iPad. It can see all the Channels and even play content from the PBS video add-on. One weird thing was that could not drill down into the ESPN folder it had a no-access icon.
So I went back to PleXBMC via the XBMC Add-on and iTunes appears now. If switch to access Plex via UPnP (just like the iPad client) I can see the Titles for all content, ESPN and PBS but cannot anything (including the PBS content which I could launch on the iPad).
As a sanity check I downloaded a basic UPnP client for my iPad. It can see all the Channels and even play content from the PBS video add-on. One weird thing was that could not drill down into the ESPN folder it had a no-access icon.
So I went back to PleXBMC via the XBMC Add-on and iTunes appears now. If switch to access Plex via UPnP (just like the iPad client) I can see the Titles for all content, ESPN and PBS but cannot anything (including the PBS content which I could launch on the iPad).
I am baffled here.
Ok, I just uninstalled "plugin.video.plexbmc-v2.1" and installed "plugin.video.plexbmc-EDEN4" in hopes of that perhaps being the cause.
Nope, Video Channels are still not appearing.
Has anyone gotten this to work from XBMC 11.0 Eden on an Apple TV 1?
Ok, gonna stick a fork in this one and call it done.
For grins I installed the latest version of PMS on my windows machine ( Plex-Media-Server-0.9.806.175-88ffbb2-en-US ), restarted the server and bam the Video Channels show up.
BUT, the ESPN channel won't play. Part of this is because the WebKit window needed for that channel does not work correctly on the PMS host and XBMC is trying to open the ESPN feed directly (the logs show
My set up requires another login for this to work from the Roku but I have an ESPN3 add-on for XBMC which opens and plays the ESPN3 feeds without any issues and in superb quality. ESPN3 is one of the sub-channels for the Channel Add-on in Plex.
I think I am stuck in a weird place so I am just going to throw in the towel.
The plugin streamed locally resident video files in great quality.
Too bad I could not get it to work.
My hope was that it could handle the ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU live streams at as good a quality as the regular XBMC plugin does for ESPN3. On the Roku where the Plex Client works fine there is a terrible 3 minute buffering delay (due to transcoding) and the quality is adequate.
Running 3.2.2 when i try to play a tv show from unwatched it always fails, same episode when selected from all shows will play.
If i revert back to 3.1.5 this works.
any suggestions most welcome...
This works - tv shows-unwatched-tvshow.title-all episodes-play
I made some fixes in a fork of plexbmc of mine (https://github.com/zeflash/plugin.video.plexbmc) that were annoying me. I see someone else (wezhunter) also forked and is actively working on supporting new timeline & token authentication. Feel free to try.
I made some fixes in a fork of plexbmc of mine (https://github.com/zeflash/plugin.video.plexbmc) that were annoying me. I see someone else (wezhunter) also forked and is actively working on supporting new timeline & token authentication. Feel free to try.
Hey zeflash
would you care to try to improve shelf (recently added and on deck items)?
Just downloaded your fork there. This is based on 3.2.2? I had been running 3.1.5 all this time with no major problems, so I'll see how this goes. Using Quartz v3 but might also now try Amber.
Does anyone else experience the issue where if you change the movie poster fanart in Plex/Web then the poster no longer displays in PleXBMC? This happens on 3.1.5 and 3.2.2, using any skin. Once I change the artwork back to the original / default then the poster magically reappears in PleXBMC. If someone had a fix for this I'd be grateful!
I made some fixes in a fork of plexbmc of mine (https://github.com/zeflash/plugin.video.plexbmc) that were annoying me. I see someone else (wezhunter) also forked and is actively working on supporting new timeline & token authentication. Feel free to try.
I just finished implementing multi-user login (myplex) in PlexConnect. It allows multiple users on same device with fast user switching allowing each user to retain their own view status.
I am going to do the same for PleXBMC and was wondering if it is something that people want. If so I will generate a PR to merge it.
I was thinking it would be nice to have the skin option to present the user with a list of users to pick from to use for the default session when opening xbmc, kind of how netflix does it. Pecinko, would you be interested in adding that to your skin? Otherwise you will have to go into settings to toggle the default user.
I just finished implementing multi-user login (myplex) in PlexConnect. It allows multiple users on same device with fast user switching allowing each user to retain their own view status.
I am going to do the same for PleXBMC and was wondering if it is something that people want. If so I will generate a PR to merge it.
I was thinking it would be nice to have the skin option to present the user with a list of users to pick from to use for the default session when opening xbmc, kind of how netflix does it. Pecinko, would you be interested in adding that to your skin? Otherwise you will have to go into settings to toggle the default user.
I can add it to Amber but I'm not sure it is needed. XBMC features profiles - which is "fast user switching" on system level. In Amber, go to Settings/Profles add a profile and activate login screen. Now, each user should have it's own system settings including Plexbmc. That should give you possibility of using admin myplex user for adults, while configuring plexbmc to use non-admin accounts for other users. In addition, you should be able to choose different skin or other settings for kids section.
@pecinko - absolutely love Amber. Is there anyway to get back to XBMC when you have it in a vertical position (sections on the left side)?
Yes, that's very easy to do, as follows.
In the vertical main menu you can always (almost) press DPad-Left to open a side menu with various commands related to the main menu command that was highlighted at the time. And when that command is the "Settings" command, the side menu contains the "Go XBMC" command (or "Go Plex" if done when already in XBMC mode).
NB:
In some older Amber versions the "Go Plex"/"Go XBMC" command was present in that side menu regardless of what main menu command was highlighted when the side menu was opened, but that's no longer the case (which may have caused some confusion). So you need to have the "Settings" command highlighted when doing this with the new versions.
In the vertical main menu you can always (almost) press DPad-Left to open a side menu with various commands related to the main menu command that was highlighted at the time. And when that command is the "Settings" command, the side menu contains the "Go XBMC" command (or "Go Plex" if done when already in XBMC mode).
NB:
In some older Amber versions the "Go Plex"/"Go XBMC" command was present in that side menu regardless of what main menu command was highlighted when the side menu was opened, but that's no longer the case (which may have caused some confusion). So you need to have the "Settings" command highlighted when doing this with the new versions.
Best regards: dlanor
Yup I actually figured that out today by accident. Thanks!
When PlexBMC is updated for the fan outs like Pecinko was asking, it's going to be the default option my HTPC's. With 3.2.2, it's super stable for me.
I can't improve the shelf as I don't speak python, but I can change "go" button to be always visible - I just assumed it wouldn't be frequently used?
I'd rather you didn't change that.
Granted, such a change might help some users find the commands, but this is a fundamental setting, so it makes best sense for the command to appear in the side menu when opened with 'Settings' highlighted in the main menu, just like it's done in the current version.
Also, if ease of finding it is sufficient reason to make that command available in all the side menus, then the same reasoning would also apply to ALL the other commands, which would create an extremely cluttered side menu (might even have to scroll it).
As for your assumption of infrequent use, I agree fully with that. Normally there should be no reason for a Plex user to switch to XBMC mode, and if/when such a need arises it's not at all difficult to select the 'Settings' command before opening the side menu.
The only change I see as needed in regard to this is some kind of documentation for the skin features, including proper use of the side menu.
Then people will know that the side menu relates to the selected main menu command, because the manual says so.
And if they still miss it and come complaining we can always tell them to RTFM... :D
Hey guys, i need a little help; I have this weird Overlays in Listview in Quartz (Plexbmc Edition of course) and don't know really how to get rid of them. I reinstalled the Skin already but no luck. I also had a look into the Mediafiles in skin.quartzV3.plexbmc/media but dind't find the image that is making this problem!
Take a look at the original Quartz for XBMC. There never were those edges. They only appear in PleXBMC version of Quartz and it started some months ago.
Pecinko won’t fix it because it’s maintenanced by Hippojay. He hasn’t been around for quite some time, so don’t expect a fix anytime soon…
I can't improve the shelf as I don't speak python, but I can change "go" button to be always visible - I just assumed it wouldn't be frequently used?
That's cool, I figured that you were waiting for PlexBMC to be updated. No need to change the Go button, works just fine since I've found it.
Anyway you can make the font (Arial based) a bit closer to what's used in PHT or at least have an option for font scaling? If not, who cares, Amber is pretty great anyway!