PR4100 + EX4100

server-western-digital

Hi All,

I have a EX4100 Plex Media Server which has run out of memory, I have purchased a PR4100, ,and would like to join the two Devices together to appear in Plex as a single Media Server, is this possible?

Thanks,
Emil

The devices are westernal digital network attached storage divices

Sounds like you just need to share the locations on your EX4100 and mount them on the PR4100. The PR would then act as your single plex server (I suggest this way round due to the hardware transcoding support on that model)

Sounds like you just need to share the locations on your EX4100 and mount them on the PR4100. In your plex server, add those locations for your various shared media files.

The PR would then act as your single plex server (I suggest this way round due to the hardware transcoding support on that model)

Any ideas on how to do this? I have both of these nas drives and I would love to have this configuration.

Can anyone help with this? Looks like someone on the wd forum here - https://community.wd.com/t/connecting-my-new-pr4100-with-existing-ex4100-to-use-with-plex/218994 has an idea but i have no idea how to implement their instruction.