My Plex Media Server has run well but I now have a similar problem to "dbinott" but I am not sure it is the same problem.
I am running Plex Server Version 184.108.40.20623, and I am on Nvidia Shield TV version 6.31 I have not received the Nvidia Shield TV upgrade to version 7.0 yet (so have not been able to upgrade - but I have been hoping that would resolve it). At this point - I do not quite understand why this has occurred.
We were watching a movie that resided on a WD Mybook Live on the same network, and had watched it for about 90 minutes. The movie still had about 50 minutes to run - and it just stopped playing. It will not restart to play this movie, although it will play other movies that happen to be smaller in size. When I attempt to restart and play this video - Plex never begins to play it.
I have deleted the video file and replaced it. I eventually used a WD Media Player to stream and play it, and this worked perfectly (leading me to conclude that the file and WD Mybook Live is not the underlying problem).
I have experimented with various settings on Plex Server - but could not could find anything that helped (and it did work before). Under network settings - I have 192.168.1.140/255.255.255.0 set as "Custom server access URLs", and everything else is blank. I have secure connection set as Preferred, and "Enable local network discovery (GDM)" checked. Enable HTTP Pipelining and Webhooks are checked.
Under Transcoder Settings - I have included "/sdcard/InternalStorage" with 2 Simultaneous Video Transcodes set. (I previously had left this setting blank).
Here is my setup - The Audio-Video stream is sent to TV across WifI Network.
- Plex Media Server running on Nvidia Shield. Server runs "headless" on gigabit ethernet connection in another room. Video is streamed wirelessly to the TV (mentioned above).
- Plex player is built into a Samsung 65-Inch 4K Smart LED TV UN65KS8000FXZA (2016) (with the Samsung hub).
- Wireless signal strength seems to be fine.
- Netflix, another App on same TV worked fine (same WiFi network, on same TV).
- Output from TV audio goes to Onkyo TX-NR656 amplifier.
- Unraid Server for backup video storage (accessible to Nvidia Shield via Gigabyte ethernet).
It seems a little like a TV Plex Player issue, as though there is a queue that is not getting cleared. I should mention that I had experimented with trying to set up Plex Preroll video - prior to this problem, and could not get that to work.
Any suggestions of settings to try would be much appreciated.