Recently played affected by different account

I am unsure that I am using the correct category, but hopefully I can find the answer here.

I have a Plex server running as a docker on my Unraid server. My wife uses our Sonos on our Sonos account in our home to listen to music around the house. She uses the recently played portion of the Sonos integration with Plex to see the music that she wants to listen to.

At my office I have a different Plex server on a QNap NAS. It is a completely different account with no media of its own. I have shared my music from home Plex server to my office Plex server. I also have Sonos in my office with its own separate account from my home system. It is linked to my office Plex server so that it has access to my home music for me to listen to.

One would think that since none of the accounts are the same that I would not affect my recently played list at home, but one would be wrong. So every day when my wife gets home, I get a call about how the recently played music is what I have been listening to all day at my office. However if I stop my Sonos at my office, the recently played list returns to what was played at the home. All of the recently played from my office goes away.

Can someone please tell me how I can listen to my music at my office without having to stop when my wife gets home so that I don’t have to have her call me upset that she cant access the music she wants to listen to?

Hi, I’d like to clarify the scenario, please let me know if one of these situations is correct.

Setup:

  • You have an Office Server, owned by Plex Account A
  • You have a Home server, owned by Plex Account B
  • You have shared music from Home Server to Office Server

Situation 1:

  • You connect to the Sonos device from the Plex App using Account A and play music
  • You look at the Plex App using Account B and sees the recently played music of Plex Account A

Situation 2:

  • You have the Sonos app and had connected Plex Account A to it
  • You play music via the Sonos app
  • You look at the Plex App using Account B and sees recently played music of Plex Account A

Lastly, sorry for the long post, is it that immediately after you stop playing music with the Sonos, Account B’s recently played is restored? Or is it that, if you simply don’t play anything on the Sonos that Account B’s recently played is as expected?

The setup you describe is correct.

Situation 1 is what is occurring

As soon as I stop playing music on account A, the recently played list on account B returns to normal/expected.

any thoughts?

Hi, sorry for the delays, we’ve been trying to figure out how this might happen and been trying a variety of possibilities. So far, we’ve had no luck in reproducing the specific issue you are seeing.

Would you mind sending me the logs for the device that you see the issue one? That should be your partner’s device. If it is an android device, please follow instructions here, if it’s an apple device, please follow instructions here.

The device that displays the problem is my wife’s phone. She uses the Sonos app to play from the Plex server. Are you asking for the logs from the Plex server? Because the Sonos app only has diagnostics that are sent directly to Sonos.

Hi. She doesn’t use the Plex app to play music on Sonos but uses the Sonos app? So the situation is:

  1. You use the Plex app to cast music to the Sonos
  2. Your wife opens the Sonos app on her phone and now sees recently played music to be your music?

If that is the case, then I believe the solution is for her to also use the Plex app to play music. I am suspecting that the Sonos app behaves differently. If you each have a separate Plex account, or you create a managed account under your own, then the recently played music is specific to the individual user.