Article: Super Sonic:
I stopped downloading and buying songs almost 2 decades ago; switching to cloud-based playlists from Google Music, then YouTube Music.
It would be worth subscribing to Tidal if it was smart enough to pick similar songs. At the time I tested Tidal, it was terrible at doing this. Hence, I ended up cancelling my Tidal subscription.
I’m curious if we’ll see Super Sonic for Tidal Music.
since the sonic analysis runs locally on the pms server and takes quite a bit of resources, I would expect it to be pretty unlikely that tidal would (or even plex) would want to dedicate resources to analyze on their end, but ya never know!
I agree, it would (assuming it’s as good as advertised) be great as a music discovery tool. Tidal is better than it used to be a generating playlists for daily mixes. but it is amazingly bad at suggesting new/similar music.
I own 90% of my library and only use tidal to fill in the gaps. But Spotify still rules the roost for discovery algorithms.
I kind of do the opposite. I have a library of rare songs that’s aren’t available on any music platform… then supplement everything else from cloud services. Lately I’ve been using YouTube Music since it allows me to enable playing my music playlists as “music video” playlists. I haven’t found a music service with such a huge library of music videos.
Im still looking for a cloud-based music service like Spotify with Pandora-style music recommendations.
I have another few days of scanning to go. Can anyone confirm whether or not it includes Tidal tracks added to the library? Or must the actual file exist on the drive?
Unfortunately it does not.
tidal tracks are not part of super sonic, but there is related artists etc data that is used to pull in tidal tracks into plexamp mixes/radios.
so it is still worth while to have tidal to supplement your existing library collection.