So, I’ve been a Roon user for a few years & I’ve heard wonders about Plex, so I thought I’d give it a try. The first thing to say is that I LOVE “Detail View”. Some of my album titles are quite long (because of the way I tag them) & Roon doesn’t have this option, so everything is always truncated, the way it is in Plex’s “Grid View”. So, big thumbs up for detail view.
The thing is, I notice that there are a couple of albums that are not where they should be. Now, honestly, I’m constantly struggling to get Roon to display things how I want them. I was hoping Plex might be different, but look at this:
Here are the two albums, tucked between a-ha & Abba because they’re sorting by their Artist name & not their Album Artist name, as is selected directly above.
But, here are the two albums (as seen in Yate) in a folder with all the others & you can quite clearly see on the right that their Album Artist tag is “LIBRARY: CBS” (the same as all the others in that folder).
If I navigate to the correct part of the library, you’ll see that all the other albums in the folder are displaying correctly. Admittedly, the album titles are all over the place, but at least the Album Artist tag is doing its job of keeping everything together when it’s meant to be together.
When I look at the details for the out of place albums, there doesn’t even appear to be an Album Artist option:
Finally, I have the correct setting, so that Plex uses my tags & not its own:
I’ve tried to refresh the metadata but it makes no difference.
I’ve logged out & logged in again. This also made no difference.
As a rule, I use Safari as my browser of choice. I’ve logged out of Safari & logged in to Chrome. I’m currently waiting for Chrome to read my library back in, which I assume it’s doing as this is the first time it’s seen my library. I’m wondering if it will view differently in Chrome.
In the mean time, does anyone know why this might be happening or what I might try in order to fix it?




