OpenPHT for Odroid C2 - Information and Tips
Install to SD card using GetRasplex, download the OpenPHT for Odroid .img.gz file (see release notes) and use 'Select image file', choose the file downloaded.
Refresh rate switches correctly with smooth video playback in 720p/1080p/2160p display modes.
Comprehensive HDMI CEC control.
8/10-bit 720p/1080p/2160p HEVC all playback perfectly.
Snappy, responsive OpenPHT device using Gigabit Ethernet.
Sensitive IR reciever on board (see below).
Custom program your own IR remote control for use with OpenPHT easily using Lirc.
Direct Plays virtually everything you throw at it apart from those codecs listed below.
- Interlaced Bluray Rips containing VC-1 content have stuttering playback. Normal VC-1 Movie Rips fine.
- No VP9 decoding, will be transcoded by PMS.
Audio codec support:
- Passthrough of AC3/DD/DTS 5.1
- Passthrough of Dolby True HD 5.1 and 7.1 / ATMOS
- Passthrough of DTS-HD MA/HRA 5.1 and 7.1
- Passthrough of DTS 96/24
- No HDMI PCM 5.1/7.1 audio output is currently supported. PCM 2.0 is the only PCM output format available at the moment, selecting 'Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding' will give you AC3 5.1 output from AAC 5.1 media
- Audio formats which can't be bitstreamed (FLAC, WAV/PCM, AAC etc.) will either be transcoded to lossy Dolby Digital 5.1, or folded down to a PCM 2.0 downmix.
There is no support currently for the Odroid HiFi Shield (DAC).
Do not expect all your existing external USB dongles like WiFi, BT, DAC's to work on an old AML S905 v3.14 linux kernel (HardKernel have a v4.x kernel in beta at the moment). A lot of them do work straight out of the box, and HardKernel do backport additional drivers from time to time. However, there are a number of more modern USB dongles that simply refuse to work due to no current kernel driver support.
The Rasplex Team does not provide comprehensive driver support for non working hardware, users will have to ask the manufacturer, HardKernel, themselves on the Odroid C2 forums
User: root, Password: openpht
Remote control using inbuilt IR:
MCE remotes should work 'out of the box'.
Any old RC6 remote can be made to work by using the instructions on the MSL Digital site for OpenELEC.
Other remotes can be accommodated by crafting a lircd.conf file and placing it in /storage/.config
Enable 'Wait for Network' in System Settings.
Keep Audio device alive should be OFF.
Turn off flashing blue light by creating an autostart.sh script with the following line in /storage/.config:
echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger
Hyperion should work (untested at the moment), latest drivers included.
Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com
"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."