access folders on other computers or servers

server-unraid

How do I access folders on other computers or servers when I set up my libraries. I am using Plex in a container on UNRaid. I only have access to folders that are located on the server that plex is running on. I have googled everything. Please help! I am plex pass member and LONG time user.

your computer/unraid needs to be able to access other networked drives regardless of Plex. You can manually add an NFS path in the library location field when you add it

you might have to mounts drives. ( i am no unraid expert) https://support.plex.tv/articles/201122318-mounting-network-resources/

@BigDaddyMoe said:
How do I access folders on other computers or servers when I set up my libraries. I am using Plex in a container on UNRaid. I only have access to folders that are located on the server that plex is running on. I have googled everything. Please help! I am plex pass member and LONG time user.

unRAID users can install the plugin Unassigned devices from the unRAID appstore.

It can mount disks not being part of the array as well as shares on a remote server using SMB.
The remote share should be mounted using RW/slave.

I am not sure that real-time file watching will work on a remote folder so that might be a disadvantage.

I tried what you recommended. I am able to link folders apparently, but Plex doesn’t show any contents.

@BigDaddyMoe said:
I tried what you recommended. I am able to link folders apparently, but Plex doesn’t show any contents.

If Unraid is like mainstream Linux, make certain all usernames have read access to the directories and files.

Seeing the directory but not seeing the contents is a common permission problem on Linux.

@BigDaddyMoe said:

Is your remote server unRAID as well?
Can you see the remote folder in the Plex GUI or are you at the command prompt?
Are you connecting with a user name and a PW? If so, is that user setup on the remote server with access rights to the folder?
I haven’t this setup for Plex but I might be able to set it up later when I get some spare time.