Can the Shield automatically update libraries?

server-nvidia-shield

I have everything setup to automatically update all of my libraries when new media is added. However, since i moved my server from a PC to the Shield, i have to manually reload the folders. Is the Shield capable of autoupdating?

No its doesn’t automatically update the libraries if changes have been made, Like on the PC (Not sure if its a bug or limitation). If you add or remove items, You need to manually hit “Scan Library Files” for it to update changes that have been made.

@Strategizer8520 said:
No its doesn’t automatically update the libraries if changes have been made, Like on the PC (Not sure if its a bug or limitation). If you add or remove items, You need to manually hit “Scan Library Files” for it to update changes that have been made.

That has not been my experience. I have all my media on a computer where the media directories are shared and my Shield is set up to read the media directories off those networked drives and when I add media to the media directories my Shield picks up the additions within a few minutes.

@Elijah_Baley said:

@Strategizer8520 said:

That has not been my experience. I have all my media on a computer where the media directories are shared and my Shield is set up to read the media directories off those networked drives and when I add media to the media directories my Shield picks up the additions within a few minutes.

Hmm… Not sure why it doesn’t work for me. I have “Update my library automatically” checked within Settings/Server/Library & mine doesn’t update automatically. Ive added movies & tv shows, Left them there over night & Plex would not update library. My movie & tv show collection (5TB & 6TB HDD) is directly connected to the shield if that makes any difference.

@Strategizer8520 said:

@Elijah_Baley said:

@Strategizer8520 said:

Hmm… Not sure why it doesn’t work for me. I have “Update my library automatically” checked within Settings/Server/Library & mine doesn’t update automatically. Ive added movies & tv shows, Left them there over night & Plex would not update library. My movie & tv show collection (5TB & 6TB HDD) is directly connected to the shield if that makes any difference.

It could be that the Shield is not able to correctly handle drives that are directly connected. It kind of makes no sense but there are a number of things that the Shield does or does not do that make little or no sense.

Maybe you will get lucky and a Plex person will actually respond but I would not get my expectations up. Getting an official response from Plex is kind of like actually getting an audience with the Pope.

@Elijah_Baley said:
Getting an official response from Plex is kind of like actually getting an audience with the Pope.

Truth.