Chapter names not possible for local extras?

I have a -scene extra file containing several chapters.
I have named them and for the main title chapter names shows fine, but for the -scene extra file they don´t.
Are chapter names not possibel for local extra files?

From what I remember, local extras don’t support chapters.

Chapters ARE shown but not chapter names

You’re right, they are showing.
I’ve added a dummy MKV file as local extra – the file has named chapters and those appear to be showing fine in Plex Web and other clients.

Have you only added the chapters after adding the extra to your library?
If so… have you refreshed the movie’s metadata since that change?

I added the extra file with chapter names and did a refresh.
When I added the main movie they showed as soon as I refreshed metadata.
What kind of extra did you create, a -scene or?

MKV file in a /Scenes/ subfolder of the main movie’s folder.
Chapters added / named using MKVToolNix.

Added the file, scanned for metadata updates – nothing else.

I just have the -scene file in the main folder.
I also cretaed the chapters with MKVToolNix.
Strange. I will try to delete the file later and the add it again. Maybe that will do the trick.

It helped just deleting the extra file and then adding it again. Now chapter names are visible :slight_smile: